OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Turn message preview off

I do not like having message previews! I just want each email listed and I will open the if and when I'm ready to read them. Do i do not like message preview. Thank you.

471 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael G shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

72 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • awrm6@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest update has set the default Inbox view so that every email is shown as sender and subject plus the first two lines of the email text.

Previous versions of the app allowed you to change how many lines of preview were shown, or just turn off preview entirely. The equivalent option for the native iOS Mail app can be seen in Settings > Mail > Preview. I prefer turning off preview as I don't see the need for it and it also takes up unnecessary space on the screen.

Can this option be reinstated in the next update please?

• Brandon Grozier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please turn this off or give users the option to enable/disable message preview. Similar to outlook for desktop, Having up to 4 lines of sender, subject, date/time and intro content showing for every single item is a cluttered and difficult way to look at an inbox. When dealing with a high volume of mail, trying to read through content lines to distinguish the sender makes the app impossibly cumbersome. Please please be considerate to your users when forcing “preferences” upon and give the option, not the mandate.

• Jack Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to turn off my work email notifications and only be able to see all my personal accounts in my “all inboxes”. I wish I could just turn an eye off my work group email instead of just deleting it. Is that already a feature? Lol I’m still semi-new to Outlook.

• Jeremy Jacobs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to iOS mail, provide the option to turn off message preview text in the message list. Viewing sender and subject only allow more messages to fit on the screen at once, reducing the need to scroll as frequently.

• Paul Hooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

My wife and I need to share our calendars. We have done this through Outlook in our iPhones. However, when we have added the outlook accounts we find that we then have to have access to each other’s emails which we don’t want.

I can’t seem to find a way to turn off the email and keep the calendar. Is this a feature which could be added?

• Zirker. Philipp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us customise what we want to see! It‘s just a simple list view for me (Sender + subject), no parts of the text...

• Michael Steuer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to use Outlook mobile but this issue is the ONLY reason I am not yet. I check periodically to see if it’s been addressed yet, and if I can switch over yet, but so far, no luck. Can you please get to this??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing only 3 or 4 emails in my Inbox is a real pain. iOS and android mail allows the option of email title only and not a 2 or 3 line email preview as well would be welcome - go ask Apple how to do this...please, as there’s no benefit in having this.

• Sonia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the "new look" I don't like to see the attachment preview because it just wastes my screen space. I wish there is an option to switch that off.

• David Rendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes message preview isn’t good. means can only see a few emails at any time

Please give the option to turn off

Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base