OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Attaching Files from Files app

Why there is no option to attach files using Files app on iOS. Does everything really be in cloud to send an attachment

3,090 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hareendra Donapati shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

379 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an incredibly important issue. My organization has completely stopped being able to use the Outlook app in the field (1000+ devices) because they cannot access iOS Files locations and attach in an email. Please make this a priority for all of us who invested a TON in your product and an Apple device.

• Jah-Wilson Teeba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a file app on my iPhone, when I am sending email from my outlook, There is no way for me to upload from my file app.

• Maximilian Fiedler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app is well thought through, except the fact that it does not support drag and drop of attachments from other applications. Navigating each time through my whole Dropbox folder in Outlook, each time waiting to load file and folder content is extremely annoying. At least allow to attach several documents from the same folder all at once!

• Tyler Mounce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the web app, attaching files from one drive used to be really easy cu you could navigate through the various channels. Now it’s a mess, and I can’t find anything. I have to go into onedrive or teams and download and attach it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frustrating you can’t just attach files from your documents and have to use Dropbox or cloud etc. Not convenient at all.

• Srinivasan Sarman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even from outlook (OneDrive) I’m unable to attach files while replying to any mails. I have to start a new thread from OneDrive app for any specific file attachment.

• K.S Boukadia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently it is not possible to attach files which are stored on iCloud using the outlook mobile app. Other applications allow attaching files from computer and the computer defaults to the Files App on IOS devices. It greatly limits the use of the mobile outlook app.

• Luckie Pineda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most important feature in emails, so sad this is missing in this app. Until this is added I will continue using Spark as my email app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base