OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Do not disturb

Be able to set times to not receive email notifications. I have a boss who works in the middle of the night and sends emails. My phone is set to do not disturb so I do not hear alerts but I see the banner preview of the message and it makes me look at them and then I cannot sleep.

593 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After 20+ years of using mobile phones and 10+ years of using only Android ones I finally give a try to an iPhone 6S. And precisely THIS Outlook app is the reason why I still have to use my S8+ with the option for DND and the reason why I'm using TWO phones instead of one. Other than Outlook DND issue I will stick to the iPhone.

• nhaddadin@gelbergroup.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a do not disturb feature specific to the app. Main team works stateside and would love to keep my emails synced without having to put my entire phone into do not disturb mode.

• Justcruzinthru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all of this - and I love the DND feature on my Android Outlook app. I am also one who works from different time zones that ends up being odd hours for my recipients so I don't necessarily want to have my emails 'send' during those hours. I know I can set a 'delay' on each email, but would prefer a global feature I can set once and save myself the five extra clicks for each email (and spare those receiving an email) on those I forget to go through the steps.

We're in the age of 24*7 electronic availability -- we need to tools to manage our electronic availability now more than ever -- for our own well-being and others.

Looking forward to Microsoft's response!

• Muhammad Samir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Urgently needed to have a Peak Schedule, so we can choose when only to receive mails.
    Then we can enjoy weekend or sleep without any disturbance from Outlook!

• Muhammad Samir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the peak schedule option so we can mark the days/ hours to receive mails to avoid disturbances in weekends

• rudy@titanenergy.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    I would like to suggest a do not disturb email sync mode. For example, when I get off of work, i would like to stop outlook from syncing with a do not disturb function. The purpose of this function is to avoid getting emails and email notifications when I’m off during the weekend. When I’m off and I hear an email notification, I’m tempted to open it and the spend the rest of my free time consumed about the email ruining my weekend. I would prefer a do not disturb function that stops email sync all to gather and has a schedule option so I can either turn it on and off manually or schedule it to come on and off at specific dates and time of the day. An option like this would be a great improvement.

I appreciate any thing you guys can do.

Rodolfo

• monica.manghnani@nutanix.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature of muting email notifications at night. Timely muting. I have to mute from Apple settings at night and revert in the morning. Or I have to activate dnd for the whole phone which I don’t want.

• acoulombe@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe adding a do not disturb add onto the outlook app would speak wonders. I’m sure people on the weekends would like to get away from work and having this feature would speak wonders.

• Vicente, Chelsea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make a world of difference. When I am home, I do not want work to be a constant reminder every time I look down and see
    An email

• matt.lawrence@stirlingsolutions.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a dnd or mute function in a per-account setting?
    Use outlook for work and would love to be able to just mute notifications within the apps.

Could dnds be also set by times and/or dates?

• Doug Rison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work for an oilfield support company and i get emails all night. It would be nice to turn notifications off at night so I could sleep.

• Amber Weeks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add scheduled do not disturb so we can schedule times when we would like to not receive notifications. For example, I could schedule a daily do not disturb from 9:30pm-7:00am.

Another option could be a user status. I could set my status to “do not disturb” if I’m doing a presentation or sharing my screen. This would prevent sensitive information from showing up in the email preview box that pops up when I get a new email.

• Shane Chowen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if the Do Not Disturb function that’s available in the Android app could be introduced on the iOS apps.

• Owen, Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a “do not disturb” or “mute” feature that can be easily set to block email notifications between customizable time frames (such as evenings or vacations). It can be difficult to ignore works emails that come through in the evening while using my phone for other things. Thank you!

• Amin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needed indeed, after 5 I want my work emails to be as dead as Naserreddin Shah :) thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base