OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Sync all folders.

In order to be an enterprise solution it needs to sync all folders.

736 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Marc Forester shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

110 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • zipko410@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this app will auto sync all mail folder just like the website. From now, every time I want to receive/know the numbers of the new mail from the folder, i need to click inside each folder and refresh....it is not efficiency.

• William Kibble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The default iOS and Android app have this capability would be very useful for those of us that prefer the Microsoft app but have multiple sub folders!

• Vincent Dieringer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! It’s frustrating that the phone and computer are never in sync. Also, I have email folders on my phone that aren’t visible on my computer and vise versa. No idea why..?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All folder of outlook mobile app should be sync with computer to reduce dependancy on computer.
    At present only inbox and sent items are being sync.

• Steve Herbert (sherbert) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I rely on custom search folders that I move to my favorites list to filter all of my most important emails. However in the new Outlook app we have to use for work those search folders don’t appear to be accessible making how I check my email on my PC different enough from the app to be frustrating.

Can this be added in a future update? Thanks!

• shelina_williams@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to do double work when reading and deleting emails which is something I didn’t have to do with my Android. I hope they have a fix for this soon because it is super frustrating when you receive so many emails in one day. And emails seem to disappear from the inbox which I have yet to figure out. HELP us please.

Sync more of my inbox. I am having trouble receiving any emails more than a day or two out.

• Meredith Marr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just echoing what everyone else has already said. It is ridiculous that I have dozens of “unread”emails on my app that I have already read on my desktop. Microsoft needs to do a major overhaul to this app to fix this massive bug!

• Nigel Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with most of the comments. Syncing emails properly is a basic requirement. Maybe Microsoft servers can’t cope....!

Sync All Folders - Basic Feature Come on me, Outlook suppose to be premium App.

• chris.booker@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve set up various sub folders under my Inbox, with rules to automatically file new mail in the right folder (set up via web app). But when I open Outlook on my iPhone, the Inbox syncs but the sub folders only sync if they’ve been viewed recently.

I thought this was a bug but I’ve just been in touch with support who confirmed that it’s designed that way.

I have about 15 sub folders off my Inbox and at present I have to navigate to each one and wait for it to update to see if there’s new messages. This takes ages. If I don’t I miss mail and only realize it’s there hours or sometimes days later.

Folders on the iOS app should sync and update when the app opens. This is what happens on the web app, the iOS app should have the same functionality.

The iOS app should be fully synchronized with the desktop app. In my case, both apps are connected to a corporate Exchange server. The iOS app regularly shows unread messages that were read on my desktop. Also, folders on my desktop app show messages that are missing in the folders on my mobile app.

• jierong@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now only inbox folder can be auto synced, as I have a lot of folders with specific rule set, I am expecting a feature to select some folders which can get auto sync so that I will not miss any important mails.

• Kevin Bronk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s crazy that outlook is displaying folders I created 3 years ago and I can’t delete them. I can’t use folder function on enterprise email is out of step

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base