OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

A little more rich text formatting, please

The product is progressing well, but it’s remarkable to me that there isn’t a little more rich text formatting capability like simple bulleted or numbered lists. That would give email composition some of the features of typical desktop applications, which would be helpful for those of us trying to use the iPad as a computer.

1,355 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

128 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Garg, Geetesh (Cognizant) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Text font and alignment will be a cherry on the cake.. it gives a weird experience for the readers of the email. It is a must have feature in the next update.

• LeanneRamsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be LIFE CHANGING for the app!!! I think adding a little more customization like this would be phenomenal! There’s only, what, thousands and thousands of people asking for this feature... pls comply!!! Thanks! 🥰

• HughH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And if you could also include the ability to paste rich text (e.g. generated from markdown via Drafts or a similar app) that would also be huge.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can there not be a HTML or rich text editor in a mail app in 2019?

• Lyndsey Mathiassen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be fantastic if my emails were sent in an appropriate font size. The receiver always gets a super tiny font that is hard to read. It would be great if the new email font and the signature font matched my desktop version.

The small font is just very confusing to clients and colleagues. One email (from the desktop) is sent in a normal sized font and then (my phone app) emails are sent in a completely different font AND size. Sometimes my emails are missed because they assume the small font is legal within an email thread. Please update this feature!

• chetfenner@me.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like an easy change and clearly would be a crowd-pleaser, based on the number of others that have voted for this feature here.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The font cant be changed is really frustrating. Shouldnt it be synchronized with what user is using at desktop version? And some simple formatting should be supported as well.

• Rafael Rosenhek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can’t find any font configuration in the app!
        The way my messages are viewed by its receivers is always a surprise!...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base