OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

A little more rich text formatting, please

The product is progressing well, but it’s remarkable to me that there isn’t a little more rich text formatting capability like simple bulleted or numbered lists. That would give email composition some of the features of typical desktop applications, which would be helpful for those of us trying to use the iPad as a computer.

1,680 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

154 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ollis.zen-login@outlook.de commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to change from HTML to rich text to plain would be very helpful. I have a somebody who cannot read my emails, if they’re not written in plain text.

• Knowledge Chenyika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the fact that line spacing is 1.5 on iPad and messes up my desktop emails. Please fix this! We need ability to change font size, font color and bulleting.

• Gustavsen, Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Messages composed in the iOS app, when opened on desktop Outlook, have 1.5-line spacing and extra space after each paragraph. You don’t allow users to change formatting, yet automatically apply formatting we don’t want! I would like to be able to change the default format to single spaced with no extra lines between paragraphs.

• Jeremy Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rich text formatting for signature blocks would be great. Even support to copy and paste from another source.

• Hall, Samuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please PLEASE add support for font size, bullets, numbered lists and highlighting. It would help on iPhone, but it would be especially nice on the iPad Pro.

• Ashish Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add rich text/ HTML formatting that can be done in multiple font styles and font sizes.

• Bruns, Olaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an apple device. If I want to copy a text in my outlook email and paste it in any other form like in google search or flight apps then the copied text won’t take over properly.
    Also if anyone send me a digital Business card then I can’t add this to my contacts in the iPhone.

Both of this features operating properly when I use the iPhone email, but not with outlook

I would appreciate if you can fix this

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please promptly provide basic read support for text bold, italics, strikeout, underline, indents, bullets, etc. make sure strikeout text appears as struck out ... currently strikeouts appear as regular text and this is catastrophic. Thank you!

• Moises C Esguerra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to do itemized bullet lists in mobile outlook. A must for mobile professionals, who are main market for this app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base