Most recent message on top

344 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stefanie Meliss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

96 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it that this has continued to go unresolved for the entirety of the life of Outlook on iOS? Allowing the user to change the order to show the newest message on top - like every other Outlook client (and most other mobile email clients) - should be an absolute "no-brainer" to code, and should've been done long ago. This continues to be the single reason I don't use this app for email and calendar - and the fact that it hasn't been corrected yet is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a long time.

Please provide the option to organize a thread by newest messages on top.

• m.ciuchini@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to add favourite folders from different email accounts and make them available at top consolidated level. It defies the purpose of every time I have to select the right account and then see the favourite there (if available...). ... as in apple mail app.... thanks

• babbott@wocumc.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s jarring to have the newest message on top of the conversation thread on my Computer and newest message on the bottom in iOS.

• aayub@vmware.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the silliest anomalies with outlook for iOS. On the MacOS version, outlook puts the newest message on the top of the conversation thread. There is option to change this unless you order your entire outlook messages by newest or oldest. On IOS, new messages are at the bottom of the conversation thread with no option to change. This is silly. It is the sole reason I install outlook for iOS and delete it a day later.

• banalac@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please keep the new message on top in conversation view. It’s confusing to navigate to the latest message in the conversation.

Well just like this. Moment thread. Newest message at the top. Just like inbox.

Please change the order of emails listed in a thread from newest to oldest, like the outlook desktop client.

Currently the IOS version list them from oldest to newest, which is confusing and inconsistent with the desktop client.

• Holzheuer, Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please add a setting for the most recent response to the email to be on top of the string instead of the bottom

• Brad Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of oldest, can we have option for newest always on top within IOS Outlook. Simple!!

• Colbran, Clayson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User experience across desktop and mobile are inverted which decreases productivity throughout the day.

Option to sort threads/messages/chains with newest on top please!
    Not having his option is a productivity killer and

• Lars Enblom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let the mail in a mail thread appear in date order.
    With the newest on top.
    It is very confusing ehen clicking on a newly recieved mail and it appears in the middle, with older mails both above and below.

Currently, the Outlook iOS app only allows threads to be organized in one direction... oldest to newest. I think it should also allow newest to oldest, as you see in both the native Mail app as well as desktop Outlook.

• Steven Rutland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature should have most recent email ON TOP. Shouldn’t have to scroll to bottom EVERY TIME!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base