Most recent message on top

294 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stefanie Meliss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

82 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Koeppe Thilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement a setting to show latest emails on top of a thread (instead of below). THANKS!!

• Lars Enblom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let the mail in a mail thread appear in date order.
    With the newest on top.
    It is very confusing ehen clicking on a newly recieved mail and it appears in the middle, with older mails both above and below.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, the Outlook iOS app only allows threads to be organized in one direction... oldest to newest. I think it should also allow newest to oldest, as you see in both the native Mail app as well as desktop Outlook.

• Anthony Seebaran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Messages in a thread should be newest on top. Oldest on top is odd. Have have never encountered another program the puts the oldest on top in a thread.

• Katdare, Shalabh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Requesting feature to customize display order of emails when organized by thread is enabled.

For some reason my brain is wired to always see latest email on top followed by remaining conversations at bottom, right now it’s reversed in the app so lot of retraining of brain :)

Thanks

• JEREMY BLUBAUGH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change the order of the thread so the latest email is at the top vs at the bottom, so you don’t have to scroll down.

• Tom Zamecnik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The desktop mail app put older emails at bottom. WHY DOES THE APP HAVE OPPOSITE METHOD??? Ugh. So annoying.

• Jean-Claude Jung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feature parity of Outlook is widely different (PC, macOS, Web, iOS, etc). Newest on Top is biggest pain and I need to switch to another Email client e.g. Apple Mail to get newest on top. Not sure why MS is not able to get at least this functionality equal on all Outlook flavors!?

• Justin Quinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading an email thread you should be able to read the newest email at the top. This should be a feature.

• W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request seems being ignored by MS.

I’m using the Apple Mail app again.

• W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In conversations (right panel), messages to be sorted with the newest on top and oldest on the bottom. No scrolling down for last reply.

• Kat Friesen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make an option to have the most recent message in a message chain first as opposed to last.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base