OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Notification sounds

Allow user to customize sounds for mail notification you have it available for Android but not for iPhone.

280 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bradley Diamond shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brook Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have had this available on my previous Outlook apps on Android, not sure why it's not available on iPhone. If it is something that can't be done please let me know so I can move my accounts off of MS.

• Bruce W. Tigani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve resorted to turning off notifications and just letting iPhone email (that can be customized) notify me in the background

• Faircloth, Mel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a choice for calendar notifications only. I don’t want to hear every time an email comes in I just want to know when I have a meeting coming up

• Brian Crook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the 21st century. Why can’t we use custom alert tones. The majority of other apps allow this.

• Eugene Kozlov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar needs to have completely different sound and icon for notifications to differentiate/segregate from new email notification.... I get many new incoming emails each day and I do not want to accidentally think of a calendar event as if it is another incoming email and then be late to an appointment.

If this is not possible to be done on the same app, then create a separate calendar app only.

Very important!

Thank you!

• Lynda Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to check the send box every time to make sure the email has actually gone. Time wasting

• Zipfel, Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One inbox, ability to add signature, email chain to have current and the rest in order below the current, other sounds for incoming messages, many many many more

• Chandan Govindarajulu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing multiple calendar notifications as the notification is too short and cannot be customized for ring tone selection from personal music files or for longer duration.

• Zander, Jeffry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company recently made the move to force us to use Outlook on iOS and Android. What I liked about the default iOS Mail app is that you can have your own custom audio alert/tone per account (and VIP Folders and by contact). I was able to add the same Outlook “new mail” sound that’s on my work PC by default over to iOS and even macOS. Same sounds across the board. Why does a Microsoft product like Outlook 2016 for PC have a different sound than on iOS? Seems silly to me.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base