OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Collapse and expand folders

It would be nice if the mobile app inbox folders were expandable and collapsible.

5,664 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1255 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick Bettinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please allow collapsible folders. At least let me collapse the archive folder or move it to the bottom. There is a reason it is an archive. It is a folder tree you don’t access on a daily basis.

• Nicolette Zane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The desktop app has this ability and I use sub folders often to stay organized. It keeps lesser used folders hidden. Having all folders expanded makes it sooooo difficult to find the proper folder I’m looking for.

• Christian Delgado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to expand/collapse folders for quick use. I have over 100 folders and finding the one I need involves a lot of scrolling (mobile app)
        Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This and the inability to create contacts are the two most impactful deficiencies in this version of Outlook and I have to believe that many other people feel the same way.

I personally have at least 300 folders and it’s easy to imagine working in a company with thousands of shared folders, so the current approach simply doesn’t scale.

• a520137@fmr.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If/when we are able to expand and collapse folders, it would be nice if the default when you go to move an item is for the folders to be collapsed. That way if you have a large number of folders, sunfolders, and sub sub folders, you don’t need to scroll through all of them.

Why is it you can change your icon but you cannot have collapsible folders - every other app has them?

We’ve been asking for this for years now! I have such a large folder hierarchy that only the inbox and search are usable at this point.

• Tomasko, Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Similar to the desktop version, it would be much more user friendly to be able to expand and collapse folders in the tree view in order to make them easier to navigate

Its good If we can minimize folders and subfolders I mean I have many subfolders in Inbox but they are always open in outlook mobile but in pc Outlook its fine.

• Peter McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely ridiculous that this is still not a feature. Such a basic requirement. A recent 200+ meg update to essentially replace the app logo suggests focus isn’t on features.

• Milan Majer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get some inspiration from native iOS mail app and remember expandet subfolders list to see imediately after swipe the list from the side all accounts and subfolders.

• Martinez, Alexandre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently to see the time when a message was received, you need to open the message and show details (all cc, etc.)
        On the box view, only is displayed the day of the week.

I suggest to add the possibility to display the time and date (digits) from the box view directly.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base