OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Auto scheduling

Hello, since you’ve acquired and shut sunrise, people like me have had high expectations for features that really set the calendar and time management features apart from basic calendars. I think auto scheduling is something that no popular app seems to offer and it’s something that would really revolutionise everything. With all the AI work going into Cortana, trying to predict my needs and what not, I think it would be great if my calendar (using its own data or all my other cortana data also) could learn when I work and when I relax and understand my patterns. There could be a brain dump or quick add feature where I could just essentially brain dump and clear my mind and have the app pick up buzzwords in the text or I could assign categories while entering individual tasks. Cortana could then suggest different times of the day or night, when I should do what based on lots of things like the nature of the task, importance, category, duration, efficiency etc. I’ll elaborate a little more on the last bit - efficiency.. If we could have some sort of feedback system where I could provide my own data with regards to when I actually began a task and how long I took for it. Based on the task category, data analysis could tell me how timely I am at tasks that involve studying, or exercise, personal projects, recreation, sleep even maybe. If I had the knowledge, skills and time to build this, I’d have loved to, but I think if someone skilled would run with this idea and build upon it, we could have it a lot sooner and it could really help a lot of people.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mudit Dalmia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i just need the auto sync function when I am not in office (hour)
    Android ver have this functionality if I remember correctly

• Liat Saul-Pantsjoha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if I could add my out of office auto response from my phone!
    Unless there is a way of already doing that??

• Mario Bourgoin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I just went on vacation, though I am checking emails. I’m finding myself scheduling some emails to return when my vacation ends. Could you offer to schedule at the end of an auto-response period as an acceleration?

Mario

Outlook for iOS: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base