OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Customise account icon

The new navigation pane doesn't allow customisation of the initials in the circle. With multiple accounts in outlook it's impossible to tell them apart.
Let users set a custom account avatar.

2,659 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Doug Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

420 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be huge! Really need this with the number of email accounts I currently have synced with outlook

please allow customized avatars for different accounts in Outlook for iOS soon....

• lori_antrim@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! This was a great feature in another mail app I used. There’s just now way to tell which red circle with the “L” in it is which. Lame!

• Gage Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I personally love the new look, I feel others may want the old icon back. I know that iOS allows developers to implement alternative app icons; so maybe Outlook (and other Office Apps) could implement this too?

• Mark Holmes (elsharkmom) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’d love to be able to set an icon/avatar for my mailbox icons to more easily know which is which. It’s a bit of a pain right now with 3+ accounts hooked up.

• m_miki4e@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Initial in icons for each email in side bar should have more room for more letters/options.

When our hotmail emails start with the same letter, the icon on the side bar has that same letter on all icons! Very annoying. So we cannot know which email we want to view, unless you enter each one and check out the emails so that you see the email address. So an ‘M’ in the middle of a coloured circle listed all in a row, for all 4 emails is not user friendly. Please give us an option to have more letters in that icon to differentiate between our emails. In a family there are always more that one person using your app. And when our names start with the same letters we really need to differentiate between our emails. PLEASE!

• m_miki4e@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Initial in icons for each email in side bar should have more room for more letters/options.

When our hotmail emails start with the same letter, the icon on the side bar has that same letter on all icons! Very annoying. So we cannot know which email we want to view, unless you enter each one and check out the emails so that you see the email address. So an ‘M’ in the middle of a coloured circle listed all in a row, for all 4 emails is not user friendly. Please give us an option to have more letters in that icon to differentiate between our emails. In a family there are always more that one person using your app. And when our names start with the same letters we really need to differentiate between our emails. PLEASE!

• Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They seem to have this feature. Not sure how it's invoked because my icons only I can see. But I can see specialized icons for companies such as Amazon, Macy's, Dropbox, Lego, Newegg, Citi Bank and ShopRunner.

• skim0905@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! Currently the icons are shown as the first letter of my name and my name starts with S and all icons shown as same S!! Bo way to distinguish. The color is different though..

• Michael Fransman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I download the app out of the appstore I get pictures of an app with sender icons next to the emails. With the ios version you're only getting text. When is this feature coming?

Go to settings on open email go to email you wish to change under accounts and give it an initial you can relate it too under description and that letter will be associated with that email

• knickels@teamenterprises.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to change the outlook app email photo from the app. Let me know if this could be done. I changed it on my desktop but when I go back to the app it’s my old photo. Is there a way this can be fixed? I even reset my app and nothing...

Disaster how uninterested mS are to make the app possible to customize. I have 17 e-mail addresses, several with the first letter as same. And the JUNK icon only shows the first letter. And there is no way to sort the accounts either.
    This app seems to be more and more just JUNK.
    The issue has been up here for a very long time and you do not want to correct it?
    GO TO WORK and update the app with user friendly icons for each e-mail address. You have enough space to add the entire e-mail address instead of just ONE letter. Change it FAST or I am gone from your app forever. I really hate it.
    Anyone has a better e-mail app for multi accounts?
    Using android and not the junk apple.

• Rodesh, Jacob Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to open up the menu tab and select folders is not apparent to new users, as the user profile picture doesn’t have any apparent markings that make it obvious to me that it is an expandable menu

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base