OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Customise account icon

The new navigation pane doesn't allow customisation of the initials in the circle. With multiple accounts in outlook it's impossible to tell them apart.
Let users set a custom account avatar.

2,746 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Doug Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

432 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When switching email accounts, we are presented with circles with a letter in them and often times a picture but it is difficult for me to correspond icon with actual emal account. I would prefer just the account Nick Name or email address so that I can get to them quicker. Otherwise, I have to select and see and do this repeatedly until I get the correct email address.

It seems that currently the icon shows the initial letter of the UPN of the account.
    However, our UPNs for the company emails are all start with the same alphabet, so everyone has the same icon.
    It would be much nicer to see the initials of each person’s name in that icon.

It would be nice if we could set separate custom icons for different accounts so they are easier to identify.

• Ryan OConnor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Issue: Currently there is no visual distinction between Work and Personal email accounts for our customers. The risk here is that our employees accidentally send confidential emails to clients using their personal email address.

Proposed solution: Allow IT to apply custom branding or unique color templates to the Outlook app when accessing Work email. Perhaps this could be controlled via Intune Policy. This would act a a visual indicator for our customers and help mitigate the above concern.

• jcollier@gcci.onmicrosoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 3 connected accounts that are all identified by a colored circle with the first letter of my email address for the account. My email address for all the accounts starts with my first name initial so all my icons have a “J.” Not very useful leaving the only way to identify the account by the color of the circle. 2/3 circles are red, not very useful. I would like to customize the letter or have the letter following the @ instead.

• ali70mohammed@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have multiple accounts, all beginning with the same first letter. It may become difficult to differentiate between specific accounts simply relying on a different colour. There should be an option to add a custom logo or picture to create a unique identity for each email address.

• Rani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With 2 gmail account is not easy to know which account is being used

• Brian Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[Solved] - add a description to the account in the account settings. The first letter of the first two words is used for the text in the icon. iOS shows photo only if one account from same source. More than one account from same source and you need to edit the description.

• neal.vandenlangenberg@cdw.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several email accounts that are similarly labeled and it’s hard to know which account is which until I switch to them. Let’s us customize the “Letter” icon or use a graphic icon to represent each account to be different from one another.

Change description of the mailbox and the first letter will be shown in the icon.

This would be huge! Really need this with the number of email accounts I currently have synced with outlook

please allow customized avatars for different accounts in Outlook for iOS soon....

• lori_antrim@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! This was a great feature in another mail app I used. There’s just now way to tell which red circle with the “L” in it is which. Lame!

• yongquan.guo@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many email accounts, and I can’t distinguish them by the default icon. Can I upload icon. Or you can give more icon choices to me.

• Gage Randall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I personally love the new look, I feel others may want the old icon back. I know that iOS allows developers to implement alternative app icons; so maybe Outlook (and other Office Apps) could implement this too?

• Mark Holmes (elsharkmom) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’d love to be able to set an icon/avatar for my mailbox icons to more easily know which is which. It’s a bit of a pain right now with 3+ accounts hooked up.

• m_miki4e@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Initial in icons for each email in side bar should have more room for more letters/options.

When our hotmail emails start with the same letter, the icon on the side bar has that same letter on all icons! Very annoying. So we cannot know which email we want to view, unless you enter each one and check out the emails so that you see the email address. So an ‘M’ in the middle of a coloured circle listed all in a row, for all 4 emails is not user friendly. Please give us an option to have more letters in that icon to differentiate between our emails. In a family there are always more that one person using your app. And when our names start with the same letters we really need to differentiate between our emails. PLEASE!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base