OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Reply All is default in new version. Default to reply, not reply all in add message

The default in the replying to a message is Reply All. This default should be able to be changed, otherwise we are going to have a lot of people accidentally replying all to mass emails / the entire org when they only meant to respond to the original sender.

4,894 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

801 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike McCullough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who in the world thought reply all is the appropriate default setting? Did you do any end user testing before rolling that out...? Please fix ASAP!

• Joel Corcoran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This 2 year old request with almost 5k votes just proves the MS does not actually review any of these feature requests and the user does not have a voice. This feature is a bug not a feature and MUST be changed. This is a security flaw that must be fixed. Sensitive information is easily leaked when users accidentally reply to all instead of reply to sender. This security flaw MUST be fixed and cannot stand.

• bagleykz@myscps.us commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially for work emails using the outlook app, whenever an email is sent out to multiple people if you hit reply it is defaulted to reply all. Many times people do not look or need to reply to everyone in the thread. The default should be set to reply to sender

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will not use this app until this is changed. How embarassing and stupid. It is much easier to correct yourself if you accidentally reply one vs if you accidentally reply all. How ridiculously stupid. Who designed this?

• Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I can't understand why "Reply All" should the default for any mail browser, honestly. GMail's app is much better for this, allowing you to choose "reply" or "reply all," not defaulting to either...just sayin'...

• FMcHugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

trying to change defualt 'reply to all' to 'reply' in outlook app - people constanly thinking they are replying to the original sender only, when in fact replying to all which can contain sensitive data. Its a significant problem arising.

• Alan Eno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reply all should NEVER be a default setting for ANY email client. This need to be changed ASAP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change this NOW!!!
    Or provide option to change the preference!

What’s the hold up?!?!

• Leigh Semple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve never experienced so much ‘email shame’ than I have using this app. Why on earth would you set the default to ‘Reply All’? Please change it ASAP.

• tlatz@pa.gov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change/ produce a settings option to change the default reply from “reply all” to just reply to the original sender.

• JMcG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a crazy situation and has persisted for years. What's going on? Do we need a GDPR regulatory investigation to get this fixed?

• eddie.shahwan@kingcounty.gov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make Reply as the default value instead Reply All. Currently, Reply All is the default value when replying to email with multiple recipients, which is HORRIBLE and DANGEROUS.

• McGunnigle, Robbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the option to change the default from ‘Reply All’ to ‘Reply’ in the outlook app for iOS. This default of ‘Reply All’ has already caught me and some of my colleagues out.

• Tim Rayner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can I suggest that you change the default reply option to just reply, rather than reply to all?

• Elsa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be fixed immediately!!! So embarrasing to "reply all" by mistake… To reply all you should need to make an active choice.

• Rothstein, Susanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When an email is received in the outlook app there’s a box at the bottom for replying. However, by default it uses reply all. After a few not so nice incidents I would now like to have the possibility to change this to reply (only sender).

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible default setting. This must have been requested by some suit looking to catch underlings in a mistake.

• Bry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can see everyone’s photos now but for the love of all things business email, we cannot change the default response to Reply. An email client should NEVER EVER HAVE THE DEFAULT SET TO REPLY ALL. Please Outlook team, let us change the default of this so Reply All is NOT the default. I know of companies that remove the Reply All option all together. I have seen people fired for accidentally replying to all. There are other requests for this in other threads here.

Please Outlook team, let us change this default. I know you want this app to be more social media by design, but there are thousands of users still using it as their default business app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base