OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Ability to have all messages in threads collapse

The newest update shows all messages in a thread as open. I would like the option to collapse all expect he most recent message so I can more easily jump back to previous messages. (The way it used to be)

4,583 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

856 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Goula, Nana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to see all the mails in the thread and delete the ones I want, not altogether, thank you!

• Jacob Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that this suggestion is nearly two years old and people are STILL commenting on it to complain about it shows that Microsoft isn't listening. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am grateful for the app. It helps much. The only thing that seems so strange is the way the email are mixed up in the threads. Now finding the newest email in the thread takes time and energy. Please find a way to adjust the app to the way most other mail clients show emails in threads.

• Tom Rorick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pain. Multiple emails should not collapse into one email. Too difficult to get to old emails or get to prior messages. PLEASE REMOVE THIS FEATURE!

• Hutto, Carren W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like collapsing all emails together.

I can’t find a way to get back to original attachments from phone once it starts collapsing then together.

• Dale Breault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely need to organize emails by thread in order to keep conversations together, but the way this app handles threads is the absolute worst!!! Who at MS thinks this works well?? I have tried and tried to get used to it, but honestly can’t figure it out! I continue to use the native iPhone app for work emails because of this. THIS....this one mess of a feature, continues to be a deal breaker for me to fully adopt this app. It’s simple....make the threads just collapsed individual emails and allow us to choose latest or oldest first. Jeez, this request has some of the most votes, and has for a few years now. GET IT DONE!!

• Ernesto Rizo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t understand how this has yet not been improved. Reading emails in threads is a difficult task.

• Dale Breault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, I beg of you do do something about this! Been asking about this for three years now.

• Amy Rademaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New messages are added to same subject matter

threads of other emails and when you reply to the new message it includes all the other email threads! Please do not attach threads two new emails that may have been grouped into the subject matter!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really am confused at times when it appears that even opening the latest message you have the possibility to scroll both backward an forward. It’s the forward part that i don’t get.

• Andrews, Jill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the worst. Very difficult to access older emails in a thread or respond to an older email. This is the reason I prefer to use my online portal over the outlook app

• Anders Kloppenborg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When having thread/string of mails I completely loose overview as outlook mixed up the mails. Should be anke to collapse/expand the string for easy access to specific mails - Like it used to be and like it is on my computer version.

• Brent Bourdeau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love it if the threaded older emails were a different shade and perhaps easier to tell apart. Apple mail looks great now with their shading and how they minimize the email which can expand out of you need it. Much easier to follow along.

• Rafeeque Ansari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option / ability to expand or collapse the conversation within the inbox, without opening the email, to see all respondents emails in a conversation.

• Sadowski, Maggie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to view and mark specific emails as individual messages vs. a thread is imperative. I lose productivity when traveling because of the lack of this feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43

Outlook for iOS: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base