OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

Preview event in calendar before accepting

No way to view event in context of surrounding events in calendar prior to accepting/declining. Very important workflow.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Akshay Rao shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lee, Jeena D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t think that there is currently a way to see who declined or excepted a calendar invite.

• Jonathan Antonio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A great feature that could maximise efficiency via email, would be a permanent signature on calendar invites that could be put in the notes area.

If this is possible now then forgive me, however I’ve tried tirelessly to look for this.

Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. When I have a group meeting and you want to decline the invite, it is removed from the calendar view.

The only way that you can remember when the group meeting happened is

A. accept tentative
    B. Don’t respond

This confuses the person who is hosting the meeting and they dont know who is attended.

Solution: Decline meeting invite and have the option to remove from calendar view or delete.
    Status changes colour to indicate declided
    Red - Declined
    Tentative - amber
    Green - Accepted
    Blue - not responded

• Jen Bradley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When coworkers send a OOF or WFG calendar invite, it’s reflected as such in your calendar if you accept. How can you create an invite to reflect YOU are OOF/WFH but others can accept and it show up as FREE?

• Virginia White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please show if someone accepted a calendar invite even if they didn’t share their response with you via email? As someone who schedules a lot of meetings but tries to minimize emails this would help me and others keep track of who we need to follow up with about meetings. Right now it seems that if you accept an invite but don’t want to flood someone’s inbox with a notification about your acceptance than they can’t track if you’re going to the meeting or not.

• Wilkinson, Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
    One thing I’ve always thought would be useful with Outlook in my many years of using it on pc and mobile.
    If I block out a period of time for say a holiday in a few weeks time, I will decline all meetings for that period. However, if I decide not to go on holiday and therefore work that time, I have missed all the meetings that I’ve been invited to. It would be great if I could press a single button and it would reinstate show all the calendar invites that I have been sent for that. I could then review each one and decide whether to accept the invite or decline it.
    How good would that be!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a solution for this? Seems like it was available before Outlook 2016. Now it takes me 3 clicks to verify my availability before I accept an invite...

• omartin@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While we can touch the "you are tentatively available " section, it does not look like a button and would make it a better user experience if a button was drawn.

• peter.beijer@hpe.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When an email arrives I cannot see where/when it is in calendar. Please show a little preview window (just like ios) that shows the invite in calendar.

• Abdullah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When receiving a meeting request i want to see the meeting in the calender to check availability before responding

• Nick Ashcroft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a calendar invitation comes in, it would be useful to have a shortcut (as in the desktop version) to see your schedule for the day and time requested in the invitation, even if there is no conflict.

• Kahl, Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to see in a calendar invitation my own calendar if the time is blocked already.
    iOS calendar has the functionality.

• Lee Nugent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to view an invite in my calendar before accepting it. How do I know I am free if I don't see how the invite fits in my schedule?

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base