OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

In-App Notifications View

It would be nice to be able to access the recent phone notifications in a view.

Either that or at least keep them in the iOS notification tray until I clear them.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brian Burleigh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter van de Kragt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Losing the calender notifications when opening the app is really troublesome. They should only disappear after an action by the user. It should work like Outlook on the (Windows) desktop. The user should be in full control, not the IOS notification center.

• Nagel, Mariah R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have app only show new notifications not how many emails there are in the entire email. This tells me how many there are even if they are already opened. This doesn’t help me know if I have a new ONE or not

• Ketan Kanani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi... I want to get mail notifications only when I receive mail from certain people. Currently it is not possible. Kindly include this feature in future version of Outlook mail app.

• Rupp, Colin R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to see a notification within the app. In other words. If you see a badge icon you do t know whether it is a calendar or email notification. Maybe highlight the section within the app that the badge is notifying?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dislike how, on the iOS mobile app, if you click on one Outlook notification in the Notification Center, then all of the other outlook notifications also disappear from the notifications center. Please fix this, thanks.
    I originally sent this as a feedback message, but then was redirected here, but now I've noticed that someone else posted here and was redirected to make a feedback message haha.

• Arvind Rajan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Outlook Team,

I would very much like to see in-app notifications in Outlook. For example, say I'm reading an email and I receive a new email, I would like to see an in-app notification (inside the app) instead of being pushed to the operating system's notification centre - i feel this way to be more intuitive and less of a hassle. One good example would be the in-app notification feature in WhatsApp.

My best wishes,
    Arvind

• Josh Jolley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add an indicator to the 'mail' tab if a new email arrives. That way, if you are currently viewing the calendar, you will have a visual indicator that you have new email.

• BrianGGG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of now, when I am in the outlook app I do not get notified of new emails (banner, sound, lock screen).

I have missed several emails while looking at calendar is a single email.

Can this please be an option in the future. ?

• Hass Aminian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spend most of the time within the email part of the app, but it would be good to have a notification within I the app, on the icon menu at the bottom of the screen, for new emails, due calendar events, and people events.

• gk.lawson@gilbertaz.gov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many times I am in the app, composing a reply, and there is no audible or visual indication that a new message has come in. This usually means I am then not replying to the most recent communication.

Outlook for iOS: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base