OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for iOS? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Outlook for iOS

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apple Watch Infograph Complications

I used the Outlook Calendar complication on the Modular watch face of my original Apple Watch all the time, so I was disappointed to see that Microsoft has not created a new Outlook Calendar complication that is compatible with the new Infograph and Infograph Modular watch faces available in Watch OS 5.0.

Please create a new Outlook Calendar complication that is compatible with the new Infograph and Infograph Modular watch faces available in Apple Watch OS 5.0.

1,355 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    235 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Outlook users,
    Thank you for all your great feedback and for voting on this feature. We’re excited to announce that we now support all the new Series 4 watch complications on our Outlook for iOS Apple Watch app. This includes the new Infograph and Infograph Modular faces.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

2. Category colors in calendar

It would be a great help to reflect the category colors used in the windows outlook calendar in the IOS version

301 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Outlook users,
    Thank you for all your great feedback and for voting on this feature. We’re excited to announce that we have started rolling out category colors on your calendar for Outlook on iOS. To check to see if you should have this feature, go to Settings > Accounts > Account Details. If you see “Microsoft sync technology” at the bottom, you should have this feature. Click here for more information.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3. Delete option

Option to delete at swipe left or right NoT auto archive

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for using Outlook Mobile and sharing your ideas with us. We really appreciate your support.

You can currently customize the Swipe feature so that it matches your needs. Head to the Settings > Swipe Options to do so. There, you’ll be able to choose which actions you want the Swipe feature to perform.

Having trouble finding the feature? Let us know through the Help section of the app. You may reach them by going to the app’s Setting > Help and Feedback > Contact Support.

Thank you again for your support, we look forward to hearing more of your ideas very soon.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

4. Calendar colors

I am a big fan of OWA for IOS. I’m sorry to see an end of Life announced for OWA.

OWA’s calendar respects the event colors that are in the PC version of outlook. I find this very useful and that is why I prefer OWA for IOS vs Outlook for IOS.

Will Outlook for IOS be enhanced to respect the calendar event colors from PC Outlook?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Keller
    Ckeller@HPE.com

389 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for all your great feedback and for voting on this feature. We’re excited to announce that we have started rolling out category colors on your calendar for Outlook on iOS. To check if you have this feature, go to Settings > Accounts > Account Details. If you see “Microsoft sync technology” at the bottom, you should have this feature. Click here for more information.
    All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

5. Empty Deleted Items

An option to empty the deleted items folder

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for using Outlook Mobile and sharing your ideas with us. We really appreciate your support.

There are a few quick and easy way to delete emails from the Outlook app.

1. Delete button in reading view.

Simply tap on the “trash” icon on the upper right corner of the screen to delete the email that’s currently open.

2. Swipe to delete.

Swipe the email to the left. By default, this will archive the email. However, you can customize Swipe Options in the Settings and change the action to Delete.

3. Bulk delete.

This is very useful when you want to delete multiple emails at once. To do this, long press on an email until a checkmark appears at the left of it. Once you’ve selected multiple emails, you’ll then be able to perform the following actions: deleting, marking as read, archiving. A “Select…

6. Folders

Can I create a folder on iPhone app?

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This feature is already available in the latest Outlook for IOS. Please tap on the e mail>Three dots on top>Select Move to a Folder>Tap on the + Icon on top right. You can create and name a new folder to move the desired e mails.

Having trouble with this feature? Let us know through the Help section of the app in the Settings. We’re here to help.

Thank you again for your support, we look forward to hearing more of your ideas very soon.

All the best

The Outlook Mobile Team

7. IPhone X support

Please update so it can support iPhone X!
    The default app is horrible compared to outlook and I can’t live without it!

Thank you for the incredible job on this app by the way!

Cheers,

800 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    190 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news everyone! This has been implemented and you should be able to enjoy full functionality of Outlook for iOS on this device. Feel free to let us know how it’s working for you, and remember you can find help in the app at Settings > Help & Feedback > Contact Support. Thank you!

8. Add folders to outlook account

Can you add a folder to your outlook account ?

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This feature is already available in the latest Outlook for IOS. Please tap on the e mail>Three dots on top>Select Move to a Folder>Tap on the + Icon on top right. You can create and name a new folder to move the desired e mails.

Having trouble with this feature? Let us know through the Help section of the app in the Settings. We’re here to help.

All the best

The Outlook Mobile Team

9. Easy delete

I want to delete multiple emails at once like the iPhone mail.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

It is currently already possible to select multiple emails at once. To do so, long press on an email until a checkmark appears at the left of it. Once you’ve selected multiple emails, you’ll then be able to perform bulk actions on them, like moving, deleting, marking as read/unread, archiving… A “Select All” option will also appear in the top right corner.

Having trouble finding the feature? Let us know through the Help section of the app. You may reach them by going to the app’s Setting > Help and Feedback > Contact Support

All the best,
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of…

10. It’s confusing!!

It’s confusing to use.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, 

Thank you for using Outlook and letting us know about your current experience. We really appreciate your support.

We are so sorry this is happening to you. Please contact us through the Help Section of the app (in the Settings > Help and Feedback > Contact Support) so that we can assist you in the best possible way. 

We look forward to fixing this for you. 

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

11. Auto spell check stopped working

Auto spell check stopped working - doesn’t underline by red line anymore. Seems to be a bug

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, 

Thank you for using Outlook and letting us know about your current experience.

We are sorry this is happening to you. Please contact us through the Help Section of the app by going to Settings > Help and Feedback > Contact Support so that we can assist you in the best possible way. 

All the best,

The Outlook Mobile Team

12. Separate Mailbox

I don’t like having a separate mailbox on my iPhone from my other mailboxes.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

It is currently already possible to turn on/off the Focused Inbox, to do so, Tap on settings then toggle on/off the Focused Inbox option.

Having trouble finding the feature? Let us know through the Help section of the app. You may reach them by going to the app’s Setting > Help and Feedback > Contact Support.

All the best,
    The Outlook Mobile Team

13. Delete in People

I think it would be great to be able to delete Contacts directly from the People's feature

Thanks

1,182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    207 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Everyone!

Great news! You now have the ability to add, edit and delete contacts right from Outlook on iOS.

If you want to delete a previously added contact, navigate to the contact section of the app> select a contact> scroll to the bottom of that contact’s card and select “Delete Contact”

14. Folders

I would like a folder system like google where I can have folders within folders. So for instance, as a student I like to have my folders by semesters then within that folder I have my class folders so I can separate all the emails I get from teachers and find things more easily.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

All the best

The Outlook Mobile Team

15. Options menu not working on apple ios app 12.1.1.

Options menu not working on apple ios app 12.1.1.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, 

Thank you for using Outlook and letting us know about your current experience. We really appreciate your support.

We are so sorry this is happening to you. Please contact us through the Help Section of the app (in the Settings > Help and Feedback > Contact Support) so that we can assist you in the best possible way. 

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

16. Outbox

Items I send constantly get stuck in my outbox and then disappear but are never sent

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, 

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

17. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, 

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

18. Boot Performance

By booting the app, it waits 5-6 seconds in the white blank page. It is quite weird to me while other email apps open instantly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, 

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address

19. Archive

Instead of auto archive when you swipe left on emails delete

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

You can currently customize the Swipe feature so that it matches your needs. Head to the Settings > Swipe Options to do so. There, you’ll be able to choose which actions you want the Swipe feature to perform.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

20. Filter to show important emails only

Add a filter to show only emails marked as important.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We have helpful and knowledgeable colleagues over at the Help section of the app that would be happy to address this concern. Please reach out to them by going to the app’s Setting > Help and Feedback > Contact Support.

All the best

The Outlook Mobile Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 270 271
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base