OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for iOS? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync Settings between Devices

Ability to sync my settings across devices.

799 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  214 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 495 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  146 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improved iCloud Calendar Support

Currently Outlook will only show iCloud calendars available on iCloud.com. It does not display subscribed calendars (such as work calendars, school calendars, etc), even if they are synced via iCloud to Macs, iOS devices, etc. The native iOS calendar app DOES show these calendars, as do other 3rd party calendar apps such as Fantastical. Please fix this.

581 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  133 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1,299 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  281 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Attach files from other applications

It would be extremely helpful to be able to attach files from other applications (at least other Microsoft apps) to an email. It is very inconvenient to have to transfer a spreadsheet or word document to Dropbox and then attach it to an email thread in order to save the integrity of the thread.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove cancelled meetings in calendar

Currently it does not seem possible to remove events that have been cancelled by the meeting host. The update arrives in the mailbox but does not have an option to delete from calendar.

619 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  118 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple Calendar Alerts

Being able to set up multiple "alerts" for a event/appt, etc. instead of just one on the calendar

1,123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  447 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create Calendar Event from Email

It would be nice if you could create a Calendar Event from an Email, similar to dropping an email on the calendar in Outlook for Windows.

The Calendar Event would just need the Subject and body from the source email.

It could in the action menu, i.e. "Schedule, Move to Focused Inbox, Move, Mark Unread, CREATE EVENT"

1,404 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  437 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 994 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  362 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Message Preview Options - Notification Screen

Add a toggle that allows notifications which contain only the name of the email sender rather than a preview of the entire message similar to the approach used by the native Mail app and or Facebook Messenger. This prevents potentially sensitive information from being exposed to anyone within view of a phone sitting on a coffee table, etc.

1,236 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  265 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Managing mail threads

The current system for managing the mails thread is not productive. Basically the app treats the whole conversation as one, and makes it difficult to pick and manage a single email in the middle of the conversation (be it for deleting, mark, or flag).
    Opening the thread marks every mail as read. And then is painful to go to whatever email is lost in the middle the conversation.
    Ability to expand a thread without opening any email. I should be able to see all the email records in the thread without having to open the thread itself.

There are plenty…

600 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  353 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1,180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  445 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support the new Siri command "Remind me about this"

Not sure if it's available to 3rd party apps, but the new Siri command in iOS 9 of 'Remind me about this' would be helpful. It basically takes what you're looking at on screen and creates a reminder for you.

301 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Starting view

I would like to be able to select which view pops up first when I first open up the app. I would like to make the calendar section the first thing I see.

341 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  198 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Gmail Labels

As a heavy user of Gmail labels, is this the most important feature that I want, to make Outlook for iOS my default mail app.
    Now you can only move a message to a folder.

892 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  176 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 840 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  275 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SharePoint integration

It would be immensely useful to be able to access Office 365 SharePoint files in the attachments section.

802 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  206 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remember Last 'Move Mail' Folder

When moving/filing lots of emails it can be a pain to have to scroll from the top of the folder structure every time rather than remember the last folder an email was moved to.

This is how it behaves in native iPhone Mail client and full blown Outlook when moving emails from Inbox

757 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  288 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calendar Sync

I need to have a way to sync my desktop Outlook calendar to my mobile Outlook App.

482 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  221 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move events between calendars

I put an event on the wrong calendar and can't move it.

521 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  202 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base