OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for iOS? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Outlook for iOS

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customizable Swipe Actions from Notification Area

e.g Mark as Read From Notification area without opening Outlook.

1,213 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  358 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple attachment selection

Ability to select and add multiple attachments rather than one at a time

1,042 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  333 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync Settings between Devices

Ability to sync my settings across devices.

758 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  197 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't download attachments automatically

For privacy and data usage

1,258 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  272 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 445 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  130 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove cancelled meetings in calendar

Currently it does not seem possible to remove events that have been cancelled by the meeting host. The update arrives in the mailbox but does not have an option to delete from calendar.

600 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  110 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improved iCloud Calendar Support

Currently Outlook will only show iCloud calendars available on iCloud.com. It does not display subscribed calendars (such as work calendars, school calendars, etc), even if they are synced via iCloud to Macs, iOS devices, etc. The native iOS calendar app DOES show these calendars, as do other 3rd party calendar apps such as Fantastical. Please fix this.

499 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  118 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mark as Not Spam

Some spam filters create false positives. Create a feature to mark email from a sender or the sender's domain as Not Spam so thereafter it lands in the Inbox instead of Bulk Mail.

753 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  264 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Alias Support

If a user has 5 alias on their outlook.com account. They should be able to send from any one of these on their iPhone. Currently you can only send from your Primary email.

1,497 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  408 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move email between different email account folders

I would really like to be able to move my emails from one account folder to another. Currently i can only move an email between folders within the same account. For the people who have multiple accounts linked to the phone is pretty handy. This feature is supported in Apple's mail app.

1,031 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  318 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple Calendar Alerts

Being able to set up multiple "alerts" for a event/appt, etc. instead of just one on the calendar

936 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  397 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Message Preview Options - Notification Screen

Add a toggle that allows notifications which contain only the name of the email sender rather than a preview of the entire message similar to the approach used by the native Mail app and or Facebook Messenger. This prevents potentially sensitive information from being exposed to anyone within view of a phone sitting on a coffee table, etc.

1,140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  241 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support the new Siri command "Remind me about this"

Not sure if it's available to 3rd party apps, but the new Siri command in iOS 9 of 'Remind me about this' would be helpful. It basically takes what you're looking at on screen and creates a reminder for you.

297 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom Notifications

It would be nice to be able to control what types of items create notification banners/alerts. For example I only want to see calendar reminders but not an alert for new emails.

851 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  404 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Calendar Event from Email

It would be nice if you could create a Calendar Event from an Email, similar to dropping an email on the calendar in Outlook for Windows.

The Calendar Event would just need the Subject and body from the source email.

It could in the action menu, i.e. "Schedule, Move to Focused Inbox, Move, Mark Unread, CREATE EVENT"

1,065 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  335 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support Gmail Labels

As a heavy user of Gmail labels, is this the most important feature that I want, to make Outlook for iOS my default mail app.
    Now you can only move a message to a folder.

822 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  161 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1,057 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  392 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Managing mail threads

The current system for managing the mails thread is not productive. Basically the app treats the whole conversation as one, and makes it difficult to pick and manage a single email in the middle of the conversation (be it for deleting, mark, or flag).
    Opening the thread marks every mail as read. And then is painful to go to whatever email is lost in the middle the conversation.
    Ability to expand a thread without opening any email. I should be able to see all the email records in the thread without having to open the thread itself.

There are plenty…

503 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  316 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. SharePoint integration

It would be immensely useful to be able to access Office 365 SharePoint files in the attachments section.

702 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  175 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Calendar Sync

I need to have a way to sync my desktop Outlook calendar to my mobile Outlook App.

427 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  198 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base