OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for iOS

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for iOS? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Outlook for iOS

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow actions on searched items

If you do a search you have very limited group actions on the results unlike u searched items. There is no press and hold for multi select, no swipe actions either. I would like to search by say sender and then action, move folder delete etc.
    Swiping left/right through the emails as well would be helpful.

1,762 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  777 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Message Preview Options

Disabled, 1 line, 2 lines, 4 lines...

2,981 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1039 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3,401 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  805 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Font Size - Reader View

I've been looking at all the various requests for font changes and they're all marked as complete. But the problem still persists. Often mails are far too small to read, prohibitively wide or both. Even more frustrating is when you rotate to landscape it doesn't make anything bigger, it just gets wider.

It's quit likely the font sizing HAS been fix for some amount of formats. But for html mails, it can still be crazy small. How about:

1. An optional Safari style Reader View for all messages that strips all formatting and renders system font/size with inline images. Make…

243 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  108 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync Options

- Set the number of days displayed for each folder
    - Manual Sync Option
    - Customize Sync frequency

3,234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1063 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3,777 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  701 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom alert sounds

Ability to customize the sounds and volume for notification alerts, just like Apple Mail.

3,272 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  768 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Spell check

Need a better spell check feature that highlights words not spelled right.

3,023 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    432 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone! Thank you for your patience and apologize for any frustrations. While All bugs have been resolved on Apple’s end, the spell checker inside the app is linked to your device and keyboard settings. However, due to limitations in the Outlook mobile app, this feature is currently only available when using the quick reply option. To vote / comment on the spellcheck feature in the compose screen please go to the following link: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293349-outlook-for-ios/suggestions/34198510-spell-check-in-the-compose-screen-view

If you have any questions, please contact us inside the app at Settings>Help & Feedback> Contact support we look forward to assisting you. :-)

9. Ability to change email Sort Order Within Threads

It would sure be nice to have the option to change the sort order in which the emails appear within the threads. I, for example, would like the most recent email to show up at the top of the list. Currently the most recent email is showing at the bottom.

3,674 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  953 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Read Receipts

The ability to send or not send read receipts for emails and calendar invites, just like on Outlook for desktop.

2,951 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  844 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quiet Time

Set dates and times when you will not receive notifications.

3,186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  699 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto CC / BCC

I would like to see a setting that would allow a bcc to be sent to the sender by default (so there would be a copy of every sent email in the inbox.

2,985 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  922 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expand iPad Keyboard Shortcut Support

Please expand keyboard support on iPads, this will make the app much easier to use on the iPad Pro

For example
    Cmd-S to search for mail
    Delete key to delete messages

218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  125 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Delete Files

Delete PDFs, jpegs or any other type of file in files section

Also, delete entire file folders

2,277 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1053 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Jump to next mail by deleting/archiving a mail

It would be much more comfortable when the App would jump directly to the content of the next mail after deleting a mail. So it works in Windows ob a pc or in Apple Mail. When you delete a Mail you see the next mails text.

2,673 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  766 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2,356 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  581 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. HTML Emails

It would be great if HTML functionality can be enabled in outlook instead of sending emails in text, this would provide a complete mobile work experience

978 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  223 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rules Setting

The ability to see rules and create rules for an entire domain. I frequently have emails from users within my domain that make it into the non-focused inbox.

I would like a way of forcing all emails from my users into my focused inbox.

2,198 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  668 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. VIP Alerts

The ability to set specific alert sounds or alert sounds ONLY for select emails - iOS Mail app has this function. Providing a "VIP Inbox" that i can identify contacts for, and therefore only provide notifications from those specific contacts. Since I use this for work, it would be good if I can set an alert for my VP, but ignore all other emails as normal.

3,671 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    663 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  James Colgan responded

Thank you very much for your suggestion! How would you like to get the latest Outlook features before anyone else?

As a valued active Outlook user, you have been selected to our opt-in beta program. If you want to try out new features and provide us direct feedback, click on this link to sign-up! http://bit.ly/1GIIFxk

Thanks!

The Outlook Mobile Team

20. Groups

Would love to see you add "groups" to the contact section to be used in sending emails

2,102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  684 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base