OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Android? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep last activity states so when I switch between mail & calendar, I can return to the same open mail item or event!

I suggest you keep the last opened Activity view in memory, including it's view and selection states, whether that be within the 'mail' or 'calendar' other activity, so that when a user leaves said activiy to go to another sub-section of the app (mail, calendar, files, people), upon return the previously viewed activity will be open. A common workflow would be 1) user sees new mail 2) user opens mail and discovers an inquiry about a meeting date/time 3) user opens the 'calendar' sub-section to see avialabilty, 4) user returns to mail to reply 5) user finds the mail is…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification for calendar reminder is wrong for Swedish language.

The text "in 2 minutes" translates to "i 2 minuter" which is wrong. Correct translation would be "om 2 minuter".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Bug] Large Text not working once email completes loading

This issue is related to a known bug. Please use this idea to track the progress of this issue.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Connect Facebook messenger, Twitter, Instagram and whatsapp in the contact section. One stop shop

The desktop outlook is the most robust mail client, always has been and always will be. I think you should make it easy for us to use Outlook for Android to keep tabs with all our social media. Beat Google at their own game.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. turn hyperlink on or off. hyperlink gets stripped, unable to deploy RSA tokens import URLs for mass deployment

hyperlink gets stripped of the URL within it. we need to deploy RSA tokens via email to both IOS and Android phones.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Bug] Unscheduling an email moves it back to the Inbox but email will disappear (reappears after switching to Other Inbox/ different folder)

This issue is related to a known bug. Please use this idea to track the progress of this issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. accessibility webscripts

other third-party apps offer accessibility webscripts when Reading emails, so that talkback users can easily read messages and click on their links (if any). currently, Outlook for Android is not offering accessibility webscripts. therefore, talkback users can only read part of a messaje but they cannot tap on a link if there's any.
    accessibility webscripts are part of google's accessibility system, and it's integrated in other email apps for Android, such as Gmail, or aqua mail.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. use a single account for all Microsoft services

On Android, all Microsoft apps have their own accounts(cortana, onedrive, outlook... , office suite uses office account). But why can't you guys use a single account for everything, like Windows 10 or Androids Google account. And create exceptions for apps like skype. For different Microsoft account types(personal, school, business) just offer new accounts, Microsoft apps should ask the user which account they want to use if they have multiple account.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show unread email count on Android wear watch face

I often want to turn off notifications of new emails, but see the number of unread emails on the watch face. I would then want to click the email count icon to triage the emails like you can with the notifications. This keeps the functionality but removes the intrusive nature of the notifications

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. [Bug] Invitations to recurring events do not show the correct start date for the recurring event

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. change position of 'deleting event'

I believe it's a better idea to place a delete icon next to the save icon. whenever I want to delete an event, I have to scroll down to delete. but fist my keyboard opens, so I have to close that first. a better ux would be to change the position.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications of updated version of dogfood, as it doesn't come from Play Store

Since you have to install the internal version with the APK, it doesn't auto update. Push notifications for newer versions

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [Bug] Invited Attendees Disappear from event view when created using Outlook for Android

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. update the button icons to show purpose

two left arrows and three right?
    I can't believe that this app was developed by the same company which gave us the windows phone metro interface. literally I feel like one of those old people who dare not use more than the basic 4 buttons on their DvD player, for the first time in my life.
    For the sake of Equality and Diversity, I'm surprised no-one has sued you yet.
    You need to upgrade all of the buttons to indicate what they do. You seem to have thrown the app together with no thought at all. swipe left and right…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Bug] Editing Calendar events in-app causes Skype for Business links to stop working

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. [Bug] Meeting cancellation notifications are sent to attendees when an event is edited that attendees have not accepted yet

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. reduce size of top bar

top bar size can be reduced by providing filters option in same row to improve UI look

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. take delete button out of drop down, put on top.

too many clicks to delete email. there needs to be a Delete icon on top, not having open up a drop-down menu.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base