OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Notification for new mails in folders and subfolders other than inbox as well as easier switching into folders.

3,690 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
juju-st@hotmail.de shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

994 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aeillaz Zaid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to have new email notification for new email that is in subfolder or other folder than inbox. i have created a few inbox rules to move the new email to other folder accordingly based on sender. the problem is didnt receive new email notification. only receive notification for new email that still in inbox. please enhance. thx

• Ashwin Periagaram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've created sub-folders within inbox. as an end consumer of the app, I would like to receive all notifications and badge counts for emails hitting any of the folders or sub-folders within my inbox. currently I do not receive notifications when outlook categorizes and moves mails, when I receive them, directly to the appropriate sub-folder.

• Terri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your terrible response Microsoft Outlook (Feedback Manager, Outlook.com) resolved exactly 0.0 issues. Please provide an actual solution - no notifications for emails being put into sub-folders by a rule is unacceptable.

Setting the notifications to 'All' does nothing for actually getting a notification of an email in a sub-folder.

• David Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have set an rule for directing emails with specific subject to subfolder in email to filter them form other cluster. However, I don't get notifications for emails which go directly into these subfolder. I have missed a couple of important emails due to lack of notifications. so adding/enabling notifications will help keep track of incoming mails

• Matt Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I saw another suggestion for this feature, it was marked as 'Complete' by Microsoft, but that is not the case and all comments on that suggestion indicate the same.

There is no feature to enable notifications for sub-folders that receive emails due to an assigned rule. The current notification system only allows you to control the notifications for the entire account, not specific folders. If an email goes to my primary inbox I will receive a push notification, but if the email is moved to a sub-folder due to a rule there is no notification. The Samsung Mail app has this feature.

• Bryan Richard Smith-Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently in notifications when selecting to notify "all mail" this only notifies in the inbox only. Nested under the inbox folders are other folders for which I have rules to skip the inbox and place in those folders. I do not get any notifications for these and have to go look for them. An option to notify for any created folder would add much value to the outlook mobile app and is a huge missing part of the app.

• Udo Behm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give a notification for incoming mails on ALL folders where new mails get received no matter which folder they get redirected specified by rules

• Gavin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot vote? is this fixed? I still cannot get notification on sub-folders!

• Michael Kerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to use rules to sort received messages. However, I only receive a notifications if mail is received in my inbox; i.e. not moved to another folder by a rule. I still want to know when new mail is received, even if it's handled by a rule. Could a new rule action be defined to push a notification when messages are received?

• abdulghani@fenda.com.sa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need all the mail even which we saved in sub folders and need to sync with both system and mobile so if I sent any mail from mobile so I want it to show in pc too

• Coyle, Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mail that is moved into a folder on delivery by the server does not generate notifications

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality does not exist. It should, but it doesn't. I tried using the email app Nine, but I found that app to be a battery drainer. I ended up keeping my subfolders, but turning off the rules in Outlook. So all my emails go to Inbox. I'll just manually move the important email to the subfolders at a later time. You could probably create the rule so it goes to the Inbox and the Subfolder.

• Trigunatmak Kulkarni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If i have set some rule on email to move it another folder, i should get notification when i receive new email in that folder

• Daniel Soares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today we can activate push notifications only for the entrance folder, or turn it off. We need to be able to turn on push notifications just for specific folders, such as from a important person or from our job.

• Mantas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get alarms from critical systems across all Europe into subfolder (outlook) and none notifications appear. You have to refresh mailbox regularly just because you must not miss any of them. Would be good to solve this issue.

• Ryan Modlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notifications are not received for emails when rules are set up to automatically put emails in sub folders. This means having to manually check emails instead of getting a notification.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base