Calendar widget does not allow any customization. Suggest adding ability to remove location info, use different colors for the different calendars being displayed, change font sizes, etc. Refer to Digical app widget for examples of desired customization features.
hey Microsoft, shame just one or two personalization possibilities in 2020 for the calendar widget!
Tom van Meurs commented
I have the following suggestions, which I believe are ways to make the app a lot more user-friendly:
For the Outlook Android app Calendar:
- A way to add an icon to calendar items, without them having to have specific phrases in their titles (especially useful if you write things like 'Party person x' in your native language and would like a balloon icon to make it stand out among the other calendar items)
- The option to set custom times for alerts/reminders, instead of solely the drop-down menu
- Some more control over calendar items, like the option to move them to other calendars, or the option to duplicate them (so they can be re-used without much effort)
For the Outlook Android app widget:
- An option to hide empty days
- Option to show 'start time' - 'end time', instead of 'start time' - duration
- A setting to have a transparent widget background (or otherwise a more customizable layout, including the ability to change some colors)
- An option to add icons to all day events (they are easily overlooked in the current layout)
Thank you in advance! And if there's anything unclear about my suggestions, I'm glad to hear from you.
Ross Freiberg commented
Tom Ranger commented
Please add compact mode to remove clunky icons and large headers.
Perhaps transparency for widgets.
A more sleek and slim mail and calendar
Will Green commented
Widgets should inherit the app's theme setting
Bob Quinlan commented
The Calendar widget really needs to be a lot more configurable. Being able to select only the information we need, and to choose smaller fonts and tighter layouts, would make it far more useful.
Michael Grau commented
eMail widgets must get an option for a folder other than just inbox! several duplicates of this idea can be found here already, one is errorneously marked as completed by MS. We miss this basic Win 10 Mobile productivity feature, which is necessary to make full use of automated server-side move-eMail rules... :/
Sergei Kudelin commented
Calendar widget does not refresh agenda sometimes
Justin Sauer commented
Use the DarkMode setting also for the widget as in Microsoft Todo.
Timon Pantzaris commented
Widget title height not the same in Agenda and Inbox
The android calender widget should show the same color like in the calender
It is too big, Just Show one line of the last three entries. Like the smooth calender widget
Rando Mais commented
currently either the light or dark theme is forced based on the phone settings.
Luciano Martorella commented
Like in Windows 10 Mobile, the widget should show the count of unread mails and the headers of the unread ones, not the full list of the read ones too.
Päivi Sorsa commented
Customizable calendar widget with colored or transparent background and different font colors. Support for showing Google calendar.
Nandu Muralidharan commented
The font sizing on the calendar widget is not customizable and it ends up being useless, since you can't see past the first few meetings.
Ahmed Nauman Tariq commented
In Windows 10 the size of a tile is enough, but in android the text is too large. Give an option for compact size like in UWP.
Denisov Anton commented
Color, theme, transparency all that stuff