OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Alias Support

Have the ability to have emails sent from alias account.

7,349 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mark.west@logica.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1196 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mikael Stendahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please inform your own support teams that thighs really does bit work. They keep insisting that it does and they are just wasting our time by asking us to try different things with no result.

• Mikael Stendahl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Aliases on Outlook.com work on the web and in the Windows 10 Mail App but not in the Android App. Still you claim that you support them in the Android for Outlook app description. Further more, they did work in the past but stopped working after some app update a few months back.

• B K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

aliases work fine on web app but completely unusable on the app. have had many support correspondence on this already

• maurice@burobonkers.nl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When receiving e-mails it will always show you the "From" field. I would like to see an option so that I can add/change this field. for example I would like not to only have my name in it, but my company name as well.

• Idea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like in desktop version allow to send from one of exchange/office365 email aliases not only outlook ones.

• Leandro Cavalcante commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, add support fast! Is so unpleasant that I can do it through web and desktop clients, but my main device (Android) lacks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When writing a mail, I want to be able to select any alias configured in outlook.com. Currently, only the default outlook domains are available, but I want to select my other connected accounts as well (e.g. gmail, gmx, own domains,...). --> this is already possible in the iOS app by the way!

• hardik.thaker@newmont.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to select the FROM filed. So that if we have access to send a mail on behalf of others, we should be able to select that mailbox

• martin@xanadu42.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Used to be great, now thinking of migrating my family elsewhere. The slow removal of the vanity domains is a pain. I get you want all the small businesses that were using the service to either use an Outlook.com address to advertise your platform or pay for the business product but we're a small family and just want to use our own email address. I used to tell people how great Outlook.com was until you started killing this feature off and now we both look silly because of all the on behalf of emails with incoherent from addresses and I have to tell people "no Outlook isn't great anymore, if you're happy where you are leave your email there" . Service is marginally better on website than through mobile app.

Recently had to configure family members device to use Gmail app because outlook app won't work with our Outlook.com mailbox. Went through all the help docs online to get it to work but you failed.

And you know how good Gmail app integration is with the mobile os oh and their back end too... You're failing against the competition on this point.

• Eric Bynum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to send as an alias listed on the account. Choose "From" drop-down and switch address. Reply as address email was sent to. Distribution groups are a hacky work around.

• divablue_bcn@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If an email has been sent to me to another account (linked to my outlook) i want to be able to reply from that same account Not a default one that is always the same one! i do have multiple accounts used for different purposes (work,school,friends) so I should be able to reply my emails with the account that I CHOOSE.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my mail "from" and "reply to" emailaddress is alias from smtp and imap username. in outlook on client this is pissible. in outlook for android this email address cannot be changed. but this shoul be possible

• Ellis Z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this not only used to work, it also works on iOS and Windows. Android is the only platform that this isn't supported from. I can't use this app until this is fixed. I need to be able to send from my own domain account. This even works in gmail.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base