OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Alias Support

Have the ability to have emails sent from alias account.

7,485 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mark.west@logica.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1234 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I realy like the outlook app. UI, calendar etc. But i just deleated the app and switched to aqua mail. No alias support is so ridiculous. Why MS? You make great apps like onedrive, excel, word, microsoft launcher etc. Please integreate this feature in the near futute.

• R Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this has been under review for so long and still isn't fixed. Such a core part of any email application. Works fine from a PC but the Android app just refuses to work no matter how I install it.

Either the alias doesn't show up at all or it shows up as a long alphanumeric code @ outlook.com

• Muscular Mend Myotherapy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have created three new Alias's. I set one of those as my default email address. About 2 weeks after that when I was well on the way with using it (too late to change) the junk mail began pouring into my inbox. I have spoken with support, had to gain access to a pc to check junk filters which were set to high. Filters had always worked in the past but not at all for my Alias. Needs serious action, support was no help.

• Raphael Zollinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is possible to add 3rd party Email Accounts on Outlook.com to receive/send mail. This works fine online as well as in the Win 10 incl Mobile Apps. Why not on Android!? This was a reason why I started to use Outlook.com, all Mailboxes can be merged into one but answering with the various addresses is still possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow - 7359 votes and still this isn't solved even though it could be that easy...
        ...this is keeping me back from moving from Gmail to Outlook.

• podraig.taylor@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using aliases with the Outlook app is a nightmare. I am still using K9 for personal emails as despite it's faults it's trivial to set up multiple aliases. I use a catchall account with different emails for different uses and I can only register a handful with Outlook and none of these from the app its useless to me for normal email. I only use Outlook for work emails or this low-traffic account.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android app needs to option to 'send from' conencted accounts. This functionalty exists in Outlook 2016 and Outlook online. For me this is a critical missing feature which means I can't use the app.

• Kevin Fletcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on the web version I am able to select my gmail account as the default to send mail from, this account isn't showing up to send from and has to be added as another account in the app, but not the website.

• B K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

gone through support several times on this where I have reset account, app many times. the email address shows as a convoluted long email with numbers. cannot use the non outlook alias as I do on the browser.

in fact look at the email it comes out on this message

• Amarel Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My alias emails address must have an alias account name. I cannot have the same name for all addresses.

• Elizabeth Medina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have three organizations I run and different email addresses for each. I have them set up as alias account with my main email address so I can have everything come through to one place and be able to respond from each different email address. I found the the Outlook mobile app does not support the emailing or responding from alias accounts, which makes it hard for me to get back to clients quicker when I'm on the road (60% of the time). Please add this feature asap.

• Karol Trojak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the alias features used to work properly fine until some updates. now the mailbox doesn't properly sort the mail. no notifications from aliases. it's useless. would he great to turn an alias into a proper email account

← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base