OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Alias Support

Have the ability to have emails sent from alias account.

7,581 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
mark.west@logica.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1254 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul Shakespear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an alias enabled on my outlook.com account. On the Web outlook.com it is set as the default "send as" alias. I am unable to do this on the Android app. All mail only goes from the outlook.com address.

• Marco Kiesewetter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People use an alias to distinguish email senders and to hide the account email address. If all aliased emails still have my account email address attached as "on behalf of", then what's the point? Aliasing works well on the web but for some reason you refuse to make it work in this app. Why? Don't you want us to use the app?

• Luis A.P.M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possibility of adding individual names to alias accounts. When sending an email using an alias, the recipient should see that name and not the one configured in the main account.

• Steph Minshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe something so basic is there in the browser version but not in the app. I can read all my business mails on the run but no reply to any of them as it will send from an unknown isp address that I never advertise as I use my own domains rewarded to this address. Come on...phones are more used than pcs nowadays!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you guys remove the previous app and then not include this feature in the new one? This is super critical for businesses to be able to respond as a specific email adress so that they are not exposed. Group mailboxes are also another major problem that has not been addressed...

• Raphael Zollinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook.com let's me connect to 3rd party Mailboxes to send/receive mails for them over outlook.com. The outlook app is missing the feature to send mails from those 3rd party Mailboxes out of the app through the Outlook.com account.

• Christian Simpson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was already suggested and incorrectly marked as completed by support. the Android app does NOT allow changing the "From Name" associated with an alias, but really really should.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook for Android supports now aliases with Outlook.com account
    In similar way it should be possioble to have aliases with other types of accounts (e.g. IMAP)

• Sofia Nagy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I send an email from the browser, I have the option to send from one of my aliases. I would like to be able to do the same thing from the app. Thanks.

• Fabian Nappenbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the last update fixed it for me finally and added Alis support. Not sure it was done in an elegant way and works with the aliases you have online but still, i can live with it now. thanks and CU

• Puneet Sharma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

an option to create a new second email into the app should be added where we ask to enter our work or personal email id after clicking on add another account

• Hendry Scholing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The alias wish is from 2015, almost 3 years later still no solution OR response from Microsoft. Shame on you, for me the last strugle to move 100% to MS environment. Why is there no focus on this large demand?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base