OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Alias Support

Have the ability to have emails sent from alias account.

6,912 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mark.west@logica.commark.west@logica.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1105 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jperkins@cooley.comjperkins@cooley.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's great that the mail client supports aliases setup on Outlook.com/Hotmail.com etc. but it lacks support for aliases on IMAP/POP accounts. Add some type of verification system to curb spamming (e.g.: send email to the alias and verify its received by Outlook; or some kind of challenge-response via email with a temporary token code etc.)

• Laurent JulienLaurent Julien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vous devriez ajouter l'option de déconnecter sur l'application Outlook, et c'est le même problème pour Yahoo et Gmail. Si ma tablette est volée  l'individu  peut en tout moment via une connexion internet  rentrer dans ma boîte mail, merci la vie privée. Et il n'y a pas de boîte mail mieux ou pire qu' Outlook  vous devriez tous ajouter cette déconnexion

Merci d'en tenir compte

Julien Laurent 

• v wv w commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The changes already made to allow changing the sending address from any alias was pretty awesome.

Making it match up automatically would be perfection.

Allowing a change from the automatic match up, a bonus.

I'm far from perfect, and after a decade+ of not having to think about it, I'm still sending from the wrong addresses despite the recent improvement.
        My fault for being such an idjit, but maybe you could help? ;-)

• Goulwen EECGoulwen EEC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it possible to choose the "FROM" email address, like on the web site (Outlook) and like the iOS app!
        It is possible in the iOS app, why not in the Android app???
        It is a very important feature for me.

• Daniel Chiang GuerreroDaniel Chiang Guerrero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to change the from address while writing a new mail just as it used to be in the hotmail app and first outlook versions and as it is on the web client. Changing the default does not work for me since I would have to go into the web configuration in order to change the default for every single email that I need to send using one of my aliases

• Leanne McCandlessLeanne McCandless commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 2 email accounts for Outlook that I combined and I want to be able to change the reply or create email address to any of the 2, not just the original email address. I could do this on my outlook app on an iPhone.

• Caleb HowellCaleb Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have my Yahoo account connected to my Outlook.com account, but I'm unable to select my Yahoo alias for the From field in the Outlook for Android app. This functionality works in the Outlook for Windows 10.

• lisa ruhlelisa ruhle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I haven't got a clue as to how I receive so much junk mail & ads in my phone. if deleting my email & gmail acts will STOP THE TRASH... MAIL / ADS FROM FILLING MY RAM then I must delete all accounts and not be able to gain access to the internet. why am I as a consumer who pays for a service NOT GETTING THINGS MY WAY BUT GOOGLE OR MICROSOFT WAYS. I DONT REALLY HAVE ANY SAY IN THIS MATTER DO I???? DEAL WITH WHAT WE GIVE YOU AND LIKE IT OR DELETE OUR SERVICES NEVER TO REOPEN SAME ACCT.

• l.mendoza@icloud.coml.mendoza@icloud.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, when using the iCloud service, it defaults to the primary email of the account and am unable to send using an alias. Also, if setting up the account manually using the IMAP service, it errors out and says to use the correct service. Either enable sending emails using an alias address on iCloud accounts or allow manual setting up of the address using the IMAP service.

• Vinit PVinit P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1.The aliases do not populate correctly in app need to sign and keep trying again for it.

2.Another point is making any alias default does not update the from email address to default automatically user need to change every time from previous default to new one.

3. The default address does not reflect correctly on app menu pane when scroll from left to right .

• Vinit PVinit P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide option to use First name and last name differently for different aliases tht might help the true purpose of having different email ids and from security perspective as well.

• Laura KeltingLaura Kelting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if I learn how to change my cell number on an old act with Yahoo can I have the sync with my email or is it just outlook

← Previous 1 3 4 5 55 56

Feedback and Knowledge Base