Spellcheck

16,235 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jkinnard@holzer.org shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

625 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just ran across this thread so don't flame me if this has already been brought up....

Spell check CAN be turned on but its linked to the Android OS, this is not a Microsoft problem. You need to go into the settings and enable it, by default the device keyboard is set to Autocorrect which is the problem. Once you enable/turn on Spell Check you will see the normal red underline in Outlook Mobile for Android in DEX mode. I just turned this on myself so not 100% sure but it seems to work great.

How to:
    https://www.technipages.com/galaxy-s10-auto-correct

Good luck and post a reply if this works for you.

• Jorrells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft get a grip. We are heavily committed to Office365 for all busines communication across an array of devices and by in large all pc users are happy with Outlook but phone and tablet users of whom we have many are decidedly disappointed with the lack of thier familiar spelling auto correct and checker.

• Lydia Alvarado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Example: I am up really late and need to get to bed, but then I realized I was supposed to send out an email that day! So I get the computor out and start typing, but then I have to go back and check all my words. Also sometimes my teacher might need me to send out an email/zoom link/if I am leading our team in debate, I am so busy with my other school I forget, but then when I go and write the email, I get all these comments about my spelling! UUGGHHH!!!!! Plus I have talked to other people about this topic, and they all agree spell check is vital!!!!

• Currall, Matt (Customer Management) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use my tablet for all office related work with a keyboard and mouse setup. Email drafts in outlook mobile tablet app is purely plain text and no spell checker. I would expect microsoft outlook to be offering formatted text and a live spell checking functionality for this package.

• Rob Howland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You must add spell check or your partnership with Samsung Dex will fail! This is the only thing that is broken with the ecosystem.

• Christian Weber Larsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand the point of this - users have been voting for this for 3 1/2 years...? Why is it not either being approved or rejected, so we can decide whether or not to find another mail app?

• Kerry Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having spellcheck is a serious deal breaker. I cannot consider this app as a viable resource without it

• Leon . commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this will be fantastic and help a lot. hate the autocorrect feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base