OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Create an Unread Folder/Filter (search all folders under inbox) currently the filter only does the current folder

977 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matthew Durst shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

227 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Whenu Adagba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently in the app I can filter emails to show only unread or Flagged messages while in the inbox. Moving to other folders however that I have created, it's not possible. Please extend the filter option to other folders.

• ron@volcani.agri.gov.il commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see all unread messages from all folders not only from inbox. I have rules that deploy messages to other folders rather than inbox. I don't aware that they had arrived

• Ian MacCready commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, on the desktop version of Outlook I can set up a search for unread messages within an account and then make that a folder in the Favourites section for easy access.

• Murray Ireland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have set some emails to be automatically filed into folders. I use a search folder to show unread emails from all folders. It would be very useful to have this in Outlook mobile.

• Serhan İntepe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an unread folder which shows all the mail unread at my folders. Or i should be able to shift from one folder to another whithout going back to folder tree.

• Karl KS Chang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this fuction to read and clear all unread emails in all folders so I dont have to enter in all folders with any of unread email.

• Stephanie Lustig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a user with many folders, it's irritating that I can't collapse the folders on my phone and have to see EVERY SINGLE FOLDER. An unread folder like on the original program would help solve this issue.

• Maurice Chevalier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Outlook the desktop application I can select the "Unread" message option while in any folder to display any unread email in that folder. Please bring this to the Outlook app for Android and iOS.

• Arun Ghanta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should be able to filter messages by read/unread/attachments in other mailbox folders just like the one we have in Inbox folder.

• Ian Farrimond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use folders, I want a way to search across all folders in the mailbox and return all unread emails in them in one folder. desktop version can do it and Gmail can. it's a big flaw that is missing

• Luis Rubio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show unread emails for all my folders. In my pc I have diff folders for each email sender. And when a new email arrives it goes there. Right now I cant see any email when I use the unread filter to see all my emails. I only see those in the inbox. I'd like to see any unread email in the entire account. In pc I setup a smart folder that shows me all my unread email everywhere.

• Patrick Dick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

combine all unread mails from all email addresses and all folders into one single folder

• Kent Huntley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed...needs an unread folder that contains unread email from all folders not just the individual folders

• Hood, Tom P [CTO] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your process flow assumes all emails are read from the inbox. But when dealing with hundreds of emails a day, presorting them with rules allows them to be prioritized. With the current flows, once moved to a sub folder, the user loses a lot of functionality.

• Ashok Suman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if user could make smart folders such as all unread emails from all folders could be seen in one folder. This functionality already exist in desktop version. this will help save me tons of time as I use auto rules to send emails to various folders.

• Wiard Giezen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i like to put my mails in subfolders based on senders automatically, If you can sort the folders on unread items on top, this would be useful

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base