OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Improve Zoom Behavior

when something is enlarged you can not move around the page.

3,364 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
rr.brandon@live.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

659 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Josh Leyshock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when you zoom in on a message, it zooms from the top of message instead of where you're pinching in. This causes the entire message to scroll by instead of keeping the pinched area centered under your fingers.

I reported this to customer service since it's clearly a big, but they said they could not do anything about it and that I had to post this issue as a feature request.

• Cabeçadas Jesus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To better read emails it would be useful to use volume bottons to change zoom on it or change character size and memorize it.

• Phil Maloy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please enable the pinch to zoom to NOT scroll around while zooming. stay focused on what I am pinching to zoom in on.

• Mansoor Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the email view is very small font and if l want to expand the view by zooming in, there is no way that I can zoom in the email.

• S A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its too frustrating to zoom in.. i dont think a big IT company like Microsoft should ignore quality measures for thier apps

• Rafal Wzorek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't call it a working feature without embarrassment - it stutters, breaks formatting and messages content - and this is pretty basic, don't you think? Instead of wasting your time on focused (unused) inbox get basics right.

• sooi@deloitte.com.au commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zooming in and out of emails are not smooth, zooming happens in awkward steps and stops abruptly at a certain zoom depth (which is barely enough)

• sanjay@golchha.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

emails sent with tables and images embedded are not fully visible .. they don't fit on the screen because pinch and zoom doesn't work on many circumstances.

email me if you want to know more.. it's free advice after all

• Kobi Attiya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix the 'pinch to zoom' so it will zoom in on the pinched area instead of pinching and scrolling as it does now on an android decive.

• Shiliang Fu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zooming experience is poor. It zooms with the anchor on the top left of the screen, which is undesirable. Zooming should always anchor on the middle of the 2 fingers.

• Nick Atkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow me to pinch zoom out emails where they will not fit onto the screen. The current behaviour of wrapping makes lists extremely difficult to read.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33

Outlook for Android: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base