Better Sync between Desktop and App

9,064 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
lee653@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

744 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ankeet Arup Bhattacharya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mail folders do not show notifications or updates in outlook android app. It's is a known issue on Microsoft forum as well and hasn't been addressed. It leads to losing out on updates to important mails when using outlook app

• Samuel Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no obvious alignment between between App, O365, Desktop, or dotCom of same base name. App works and is natural choice to sync contacts, calendars, tasks, etc. With the other Outlooks using O365 or outlook.com as the sync service. This would make using the MS ecosystem useful and relavant. The value of my O365 service connecting my devices increases!

• Leila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I create or update a calendar item in Android and then save/close it. It can take 10-15 minutes to appear in my calendar on the Android app. Sometimes like today, I added some notes to an existing calendar item and hours later, these were still nowhere to be seen on the Android app, or the Desktop app.

• Jeff Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've only recently migrated from WP to Android and am a great supporter and extensive user of Office 365 and the MS ecosystem.

I see that the UI and UX of the mobile versions of Word, Excel, etc are very closely aligned with their desktop e qwuivalents, but srrangely Outlook is not.

Why is this? The inconsistency is very bad for productivity and general usability.

My belief is that people who choose to use Outlook app on Android, as opposed to other mail apps, do this because they also use the desktop app. Hence why wouldn't the design be the same?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I delete an email from the notification icon on Android, it never gets deleted! It's poor sync, fix this ASAP!

• Amit B Desai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sync my signature and email fonts with my desktop appln. The receiver of email shouldn't know if email was sent from mobile or desktop.

• deborah.yee@ytl.com.my commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very often, syncs between Outlook App and Desktop takes a long time, particularly for Sent items. for drafts, it's non-existent so I can't pick up on an email that I'm drafting halfway through on desktop that's been saved.

• kaye.pantig@kuplerdcmc.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My mobile app calendar is empty so i have to check my pc version of outlook to be updated of my schedule. Also, it's best if we can confirm calendar invites in the app

• Prominent Assistant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto sync Mobile App and Outlook in PC.
    currently the mails I send from my PC are available in my Outlook Mobile App Sent Items.

but for the mails that I send from my mobile app is not being updated in my PC outlook.

If auto-syn is enabled for Drafts and St Items, it could be easy to work between platforms.

• Davis, Adam C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main issue is that I have an email account forwarded to my imail and now I have to go to the online version to update settings. It's rather unnecessary and should be allowable in the app on my phone as well. Also as an aside, there are no options for responding to intercompany polls. I had to actually open the app from Windows 10 to be able to do that. And this response feature is glitchy in that it keeps jumping to the email line while I'm typing and I'm certain it's not my fingers. The email line isn't even visible through the keyboard.

• Muhamad Fouad Tawfik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sync all profile on outlook windows version & synchrony the signatures font size and color all profile, also allow to add photo in signatures like windows Outlook.

• William Sargent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mail, calendar, tasks need to sync more often. There is a real need for this. A true business app. instead of something that changes so often just to look pretty.

• Reg Nelemans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Je zou de agenda direct toegankelijk moeten maken en moet ook synchroniseren met Outlook op de laptop

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base