OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Empty Junk Folder

I need to empty my super crowded junk folder from my pc because from the phone I can only do it one message at a time and it takes forever. Please the empty folder option. (+better filters for junk would be nice too)

6,715 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jodiaz838@msn.comjodiaz838@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

453 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bradd400 braddockBradd400 braddock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

junk mail had a enough of deleting one at a time you would think all the technology they put in a phone this would be a piece of cake

• Ann TrenaryAnn Trenary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to have the select all feature in the junk folder. Also would be nice to set a delete after a number of days. I am deleting junk from 2016.

• Jeff HunnJeff Hunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put a "delete all" button in the spam/junk folder so we can instantly get rid of everything in that folder on the mobile platform. Instead of having to delete one email at a time in this folder, it saves a ton of time and headache. This feature is why I give gmail preferential treatment compared to my live account.

• Stephen ShawStephen Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

couldn't agree more!! long overdue, surely not too hard to achieve!!! do it soon junk is a time waster!!!!!!!

• rocurious@hotmail.comrocurious@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I usually sort each email, individually before deletion. I find this very time consuming. My other gmail account has a delete all at once feature. I want to upgrade the out look email, to delete all at once.

• Lance REICHERTLance REICHERT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the message thumbnails of all the contents of the Junk folder can be seen on the first screen, or there are many pages of items in the folder, a "just delete the whole lot" button makes sense.

Because I don't completely trust the filter algorithm, I usually glance at each thumbnail on the current page to see whether I agree with the heuristics. I select all of those I agree are a waste of bandwidth & batch delete them, or select those I think were mis-categorized & batch move them to where they belong.

In this sweet spot of quantity, I think a "delete all" button would add little value, but I can't see how it would hurt, unless it were easy to hit it accidentally.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base