OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Empty Junk Folder

I need to empty my super crowded junk folder from my pc because from the phone I can only do it one message at a time and it takes forever. Please the empty folder option. (+better filters for junk would be nice too)

7,557 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jodiaz838@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

584 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • H P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Outlook Spam folder, move the "Empty Spam" button away from the Menu button. It's too close to the Menu button and could get tapped accidentally.

• Isaac Hyde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just a clear all to purge all the annoying mail built up over years of neglect. clean up spam and inbox and trash. Obviously don't touch mail archived or sent to other folders.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

reposting this again
    1. Open app 😆 
    2. Go to spam folder. 
    3.Touch and hold any message to select it - must hold for a couple of seconds or else message will open (and we don't want that). 
    4. Tick will appear to the left of the message to show it has been selected. 
    5. This will reveal some more otions at the top. One of which is three dots one above the other. Touch these to reveal a 'select all' option. 
    6. Select all then delete with the bin icon.

Yes we need an option on android to delete all junkmail folder at once or select all with one click and then delete.

• Jason Redlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it won't empty the folder. I select the spam emails and hit delete and nothing happens. I can't be much clearer than that.

Easy when you know how...

1. Open app 😆
    2. Go to spam folder.
    3.Touch and hold any message to select it - must hold for a couple of seconds or else message will open (and we don't want that).
    4. Tick will appear to the left of the message to show it has been selected.
    5. This will reveal some more otions at the top. One of which is three dots one above the other. Touch these to reveal a 'select all' option.
    6. Select all then delete with the bin icon.

Hope this helps - only took me about 6 months to find....

• narayanvenugopal@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

spam and trash empty feature need to act after refreshing all the latest folder,

mail sent from mobile devices to sync up to Outlook on desktop or on the web

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base