Cam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2823 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am so FRUSTRATED. Finally figured out that the reason I have more than 200 entries of a single email contact is because the outlook app on my Android keeps syncing contacts to my phone. I DID turn off specific sync features for all the accounts on my phone. All seem to obey except the Outlook app. Now I have the splendid task of selecting over 200 entries for several contacts just to merge them!!!!!!!!!! Who in the world gives you the right to cause me this much pain.

Come on Outlook, get it together. Every time I disable sync the app re-enable it. Will be looking for another solution soon if you can't fix this.

• Laurie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Not complete. Same problem. Tried to disable contact sync and it turns back on. Removal of full account not ideal as I use outlook for calendar and email as it's the only one that syncs properly with phone for these features. Just need the flexibility and total control on what actually gets synced and when!

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Incomplete! Same as below... I turn off sync contacts, and they just turn back on. Can't get them out of my phone contacts. Would be nice if they could either be shut off, or self-contained in the Outlook app.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not complete. I keep turning sync contact off, and the app keeps turning it back on!

• Donna Adamski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stop syncing my email. two accounts 1 AOL and 1 gmail.
    It is "horrible" and I did not ask for it!!!!
    Tell me how and where to call I cannot deal with it any more

it says completed yet when I set up my phone it wouldn't allow me to continue without importing

• brinne95@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I delete the contacts this app imports into my contact list every day..I'm about to just delete the app and use my Google email although I would prefer to still use my outlook address. annoying and invasive

• Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android app Microsoft Outlook was great...however whenever I unchecked contact sync it by magic toggled back on...SO after reading all these complaints from close to 3 thousand folks with the same issue I simply uninstalled the app. I get my business email by using my browser to login. Sure beats having duplicate contacts on my phone and I have over 4 thousand business contacts that were being duplicated! What is wrong with Microsoft that it invades my phone to toggle the Outlook sync back on every day?
    Makes one wonder...

• j_winkelman@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a violation of user data to have the app automatically load the contacts into the phone without user consent. I have app sync turned off; and yes I know I can filter to now have them show, but it doesn't change the fact that they are still in the phone. When I turn off sync that means I don't want the contacts loaded into the phone.

• Dhiren Vekaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have application specific credentials for my email, which provides unique passwords for each device/app I use. But I can't use the Outlook App on both my Phone and Tablet because the app tries to sync the credentials.

• Hien Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The developers claim this thread was not about disabling phone contacts, I call BS. If they took any time to look through the complaints comments, they can clearly see that people interpret disabling contacts as disabling the phone contacts. What other contacts would people be talking about?!?!?

• deveshgote@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When ever I disable contact sync from accounts for outlook app , it gets enabled after some time.
    I have two different email added to my outlook app.

• greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Total breach of privacy. Access to your health info, property debt, relationships purchases.
    And you cant use this free service otherwise.

• Hien Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How dare you mark this as completed. Did you not listen to the comments at all? Users want to disable PHONE contact syncs. I dont even want to see the names or the section there at all! That little person icon at the bottom right should be removed. The app permission to read phone contacts should be removed too!

The 'disable contact sync' does not work. I sync my phones contacts from my PC to my gmail account storage. My Outlook app has 'disable contact sync' set to 'disable contact sync'. This is right after a fresh ROM install (6.0.1) and so I have no contacts on my phone and indeed Outlook also shows none.

I reload my contacts from my PC (into my gmail account storage) and lo and behold my Outlook app lists all my contacts. This is NOT on. This should NOT happen unless I give permission to load all my phone contacts. These are contacts from a separate account. They are NOT contacts given to my Outlook account. Please fix this asap!

Outlook for Android: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base