Cam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2823 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Leslie Hewitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you keep adding things that have no value to me like more folders i dont need and now 'this week', 'last week' etc. these may be useful to some people but at least provide an option to hide unnecessary features for people who don't want them.

• Adrian Parano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont know why I am obligated to sync my device with corporate directory. There should be an option to allow me disable sync contacts.

• Niraj Kanabar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all of my phone contacts are showing under the people's tab. I am running Android 5 and so cannot dent outlook permission. (android 5.01 requires all requested permissions to be accepted before installing the app)

• John Doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is how you prevent Outlook from adding your personal contacts to Outlook.

1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Apps
    3. Select Outlook
    4. Select Permissions
    5. Ensure that you don't have Contacts selected. If you wish, you can also deny permissions for Calendar, Location, and Phone.
    6. Exit Settings and verify that Outlook now only shows your Exchange contacts

• Florent Beltran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, here is 1 month that the application no longer works on my account, I remain stuck on the athentification and I can not connect, after 5 min I come across an error message that tells me to verify my Mail settings, everything goes well on my phone I think has an outlook problem.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It just went into Facebook and added all my Facebook contacts to my Outlook People. To top it off, it went to my phone and Whatsapp contacts and imported them to Outlook people. The worse thing is that I can't even delete those contacts Outlook imported from Facebook, Phone Contacts and Whatsapp from Outlook People.
    I NEVER GAVE OUTLOOK ANY AUTHORIZATION TO SYNC OR IMPORT ANY CONTACT FROM ANYWHERE. AM FURIOUS RIGHT NOW.

• Wes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous, I like the outlook app but no matter what it just turns the sync back on so when I choose a contact now I have two of every piece of information in the contact. Fix this Microsoft.

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do keep my phone contacts from syncing from my a Android onto my tablet?

• Jan Willems commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, same annoyance here. The toggle off button for the sync contacts seems to be the most useless toggle off button ever.

• vladan@heca.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to get rid of all contacts added by Outlook app to mobile device. In exchange account I can only stop syncing which leaves contacts in device. IMAP account has no settings and gives me to device some contacts I dont know from which database come. So much duplicities I have to solve now. Better was without these contact categories. please give possibility to switch completely off any contact syncing to the device from Outlook app.

Leave Outlook app use contacts from device = from google.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well I hate to do it but I'm deleting the Outlook app on my phone. I've had enough of the forced sync. Back to using the online version only to link with my work email

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the option may be there in the app (it's under Settings->Accounts->Sync Contacts). However, even though it is disabled, and 'Sync Contacts' is also disabled in the Outlook account in the settings of the phone, the 'sync contacts' keeps getting turned back on.
    I've managed to consistently reproduce it!!

Any time I send an email from the android app, the app turns the 'sync contacts' back on!! This is despite me unselecting it, and removing permissions for the app to modify my contacts, the app still manages to do it! Back to BlueMail til this is fixed.

• Fuzzybrainlizard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New to Android and its apps. I used to be a Windows Phone user but since no one cares about the OS and is not making apps for it, I had to switch. Now I wish I didn't. Like everyone else Outlook updates may personal and business contacts and mixes them. While I can see a reason for this in MS mind, this is a security risk if your data is swiped. I like to keep them separate for this reason. This is the least helpful application. Office Mail used to be decent app, now it is useless for me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Respect my choice not to Sync contacts. I don't want business contacts being forced into my personal contacts. I disabled contact sync for a reason!

• k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that the unified inbox is popular, but not with everyone. The reason I have separate email accounts is that I WANT them separate. Allow me to opt out of the unified inbox option completely, so I don't have to keep turning it off.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 141 142

Outlook for Android: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base