Password to Open the App

9,194 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Somsak Chanwichitvech shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1447 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Remy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would appear that outlook had an app lock feature in the past, that is now missing.

the applock feature would simply be an additional security layer before you are able to access email.

• Howard Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been asking for an app pin or password for over 3 years now, that you need 2 enter, to open app (pin would be best, -for quicker access). Emails need 2 be secure, as allot of other password resets are sent through email.
    An Outlook App pin is so important, because if u let someone use your phone, or any other time the phone is unlocked ... email is vulnerable.

Not talking about the Authenticator app (that's used 2 athent logins from other devices).
    ***Outlook App needs to lock automatically, once app is closed (for security)

• Ketan1 Patil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Authentication required to open app, PIN should be asked to open Outlook app, else emails can be easily read by other person by who got access to my mobile phones.

• Dane M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The outlook app itself should have the option to be password protected, rather than having to protect the entire phone. I don't want to have to type in a secure password just to open a text message, but I would like to type in that password to open the outlook app and view work emails.

• Kimpe, Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pin, fingerprint & or password protected outlook app so that phones do not need to be password protected.

• Bernard Wotherspoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook needs a pass code restriction to stop users logging into other users accounts on the same device I'm surprised it has not been implemented already like onedrive with the pass code function I believe the same security standards should also apply to emails especially in a business environment where there is more than one account configured with in outlook

• Askari, Shaheen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the pin screen is short, cluttered with short/wide buttons and you have to push the confirm/enter button after you type your pin. make the number buttons normal shaped and get rid of the confirm/enter button

• null null commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when the phone it's on I still feel
    more secure if there is a password options to open the app.

• martin@opusfa.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have the ability to set a PIN code or password that I am required to enter each time I open the Outlook App on my Android device.
    This would provide an added layer of security on top of my lock screen pass code.

• Adam T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, similar to Boxer App in Android/iOS, You can have "One Lock" for passing the password through or create your own password/passcode.

• Joshua Ransom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we add a feature where you must enter a pin or scan your fingerprint before opening outlook? It just seems too accessible if you leave your phone sitting around and you have important emails being sent to you. I'm under the impression that the Microsoft authenticator app can provide that but I can't find the settings to set that up. I love Microsoft products but please help me on this one.

• Terje Skorstad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Det er ikke ønskelig at jeg må opprette nytt passord månedlig. Den nye funksjonen som dere har begynt med er upraktisk for meg.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73

Outlook for Android: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base