OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

23,930 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, BryanTanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  Microsoft OutlookAdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3204 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tony MichenerTony Michener commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, the blog referenced dated 2017/06/05 states that we can now edit and two-way sync contacts from the Outlook for Android app.... Strange though that I can't even add a new contact in the app let alone edit one. Is there a new version of the app coming?

• Frank FazzioFrank Fazzio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can set the native Contacts Android app to sync w Outlook. But the fields are different than those in Outlook. Prefer to work directly in Outlook. I agree completely with other posters. Outlook on Windows phone 10 was Superior to the native Android and iOS apps on their respective phones - in MANY ways. But this Outlook for Android just doesn't measure up.

• claytonamelia@shaw.caclaytonamelia@shaw.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a method of adding or updating contacts in the Outlook app for Android. If the contact is added directly to contacts in Android it disappears with a message stating the contact can't be saved. From within Outlook there is no method of either updating or adding contacts, unlike the iPhone version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome if we could manage/add contacts in IMAP and also create groups.

• Paul ConnerPaul Conner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this outlook.com and the outlook app NOT BE ABLE TO edit/delete contacts? you would think that feature woild have been on the short list of "day one" items when building??

• Linda ClarkLinda Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i can't add contacts on my android when i receive an email but i can on the web version. very frustrating as known senders go to junk until i can get on a computer.

• Lars HeemskerkLars Heemskerk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

unbelievable I have to go to a desktop to add a contact. this was a standard feature back when I had a black berry.

Feedback and Knowledge Base