OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

20,754 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, BryanTanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2825 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tee CarterTee Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Full contact management abilities is a basic feature that should have been included from the start. The fact that this is still missing is woeful and shows Microsoft's lack of commitment to the product. Users (including myself) pay for this service (both Office365 Home and Business users) and expect basic functionality. Because of this I can't (and don't) recommend Microsoft cloud solutions to my clients. Instead I continue to recommend the Google platform because they integrate better across the service.

• svenerik.sieurin@svenskakyrkan.sesvenerik.sieurin@svenskakyrkan.se commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was a Windows Phone user. I still think Windows Phone has the best interface, but the apps situation became so unworkable that I had no choice but to leave WP.
        The Outlook app for Android is severely lacking.
        I find no setting for arranging contacts by last name. One cannot set the calender to view an entire workweek. One cannot see week numbers. So, as it is today, I can choose to have a very good, all purpose email app in an operative system with virtually no app service or a halfbaked version of the same email app in an operative system with all availability.
        Please bring all features from the WP app to the Android version. Sadly, as good as the WP is, it is unworkable with it's all shortage.

• Micheal TrujilloMicheal Trujillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there isn't an ability to actually edit contacts within the app, and it seems that if you have multi devices when you do save a Change your contacts in the phone it removes whatever you edited.

• dale howarddale howard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will be changing to another app specifically because of the lack of this feature. a real shame as otherwise it is a generally good app

• Mat AllaireMat Allaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

upward syncing of contacts from phone to exchange is an absolute requirement. please expedite.

• Kevin FreelsKevin Freels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still can't do this basic email function available on every other email app out there! i used to be able to do it on my darned Palm Treo 650. wow.

• Jimmy CormierJimmy Cormier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need ability to search corporate directory from android caller. maybe a fonction to sync corporate directory to phone

Feedback and Knowledge Base