OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

23,691 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, BryanTanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  Microsoft OutlookAdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3144 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David AlvesDavid Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow editing contacts on the app and not override by the 365/pc list. Every time I add a contact it is eliminated by the 365 sync. If I delete a contact it is recovered by the sync.

• Kelvin McDanielKelvin McDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to see and edit all contact details given by a particular platform (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.), not just the email and phone number fields

• Marco BirelloMarco Birello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we must create and modify contact directly from the smartphone's contacts app (or After a call, we have to create a new office365 contact directly from dialer app..) thank You, and good work!

• diana9191@msn.comdiana9191@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a group list in contacts is limited to 40, therefore can't use phone to send message to my newsletter list, something I could do with my Note II.

• Lou MickleyLou Mickley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I connect a Shared_Contacts SharePoint List to my Outlook, it should show up in my Outlook app too. There is no easy way for Outlook mobile app users to share contacts

• Bruce WykesBruce Wykes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was standard with Outlook in the past using exchange. Now my organization uses these apps and I cannot manage contacts on my phone....and they don't even synch with my contacts on my phone. I have to access Outlook, switch to contacts, find the contact, then click that I want to call, then confirm, then click one more. Madness. Used to be so easy to add a contact on mobile, update and embellish on desktop or laptop, and would synch automatically...and be available to call / text / email from my mobile phone contact list.

Makes me want to switch to (sigh) Gmail. Have been diehard Outlook just since 1990s, but this is getting old...

• Laura McCabeLaura McCabe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While syncing contacts is working, it is still not possible to add contacts with the mobile app. The website app is so similar to the mobile app now, it seems extra work to have to go there to add a contact. Actually if everything is to be interchangeable, this should be a priority feature. This is the oy address book that I use so you can I would like to have this feature. Thank you. Laura McCabe.

• Nick BurtonNick Burton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

do this an my new phone goes back to running so much m/s that it might as well be windows phone(liked the phone and OS but lack of adoption meant lack of apps)

Feedback and Knowledge Base