OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

24,348 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  AdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3322 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jhoanna Velasco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A button or option that would allow me to mark an email as not spam, and then add the sender to my address book in Outlook

• Elizabeth Demendez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was contacting you at the suggestion of the support desk who said this would be of interest. Found response dismissive. Sorry for any inconvenience!!!

• stefan.buechler@buechler.name commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is still not possible to edit and add contacts from my exchange server. I can see them and if I add it on my Win10 computer they are sycronized. But adding and editing in the app is not available. All the help about this issue which is availsble on the internet doesn't help as there is just one way to add the exchange server.

• Pete James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

at present if I get an email from a new person, there is no ability to add this person directly into contacts, you can do this from a different type of account according to support

• Peter Vilters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put this back the way it was. Also to easily prevent e-mail from selected senders to land in the SPAM folder. How do we easily add new contacts now?

• Max Riboldi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I set a picture for almost every contact in my Office 365 account.
        I'd like to see those pictures instead of a colorful circle with contact initials.
        It works in Windows 10 Mail/Calendar/Contacts app, in Outlook desktop app, and even in old Windows Phone 8.x, but not yet in Android Outlook app.

• John Towler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Confusing new interface without a dedicated button for contacts. Please reconsider new UI design and add back the dedicated contacts button.

• bert courson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should be able to edit Contacts just like editing a word document, but too many links to whatever.

• javed ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am using outlook app. i tried to delete hotmail contacts. but i couldn't find an option to delete these contacts. the user should have the power to manage their accounts through this app.

• jessica squires commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there are contacts saved that I will never contact and a lot of birthday reminders for people I don't even care about.

• mary-anne thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook has imported contacts from email. I do not know half of my supposed contacts and I cannot find my friends. I am unable to get rid of these strangers.

• claytonamelia@shaw.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to add, edit and delete contacts while away from a computer, the Outlook for Android application could utilize these functions and allow business owners and C-level executives th ability to manage contacts while out networking

Outlook for Android: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base