OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

23,930 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, BryanTanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  Microsoft OutlookAdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3204 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Reddy KSReddy KS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having business contacts on the phone would be very helpful. At the time of voluntary or involuntary separation most business want to remove business contacts from the device - most likely through MDM. I am wondering would it be possible to add that feature?

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the 14 August, I said:
        'Your Blog post update (7 August ?) says "these improvements have been made available in Outlook for Android".

As of 15 August the facility still does not exist. Please make sure Blog post'

You replied:
        "We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android."

It still isn't available yet.

Please update the blog post to reflect reality!

• Joe  HabibJoe Habib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really a disadvantage to not be able to add contacts to my outlook from an android device .Support has suggested using the Web interface But what's the point of having a mobile app This is a major deficiency with outlook on android And the fact that I can't have a windows phone anymore ****** me off even more .Maybe after my thousandth post somebody will listen Or maybe I'll just start using Google more is that really what you want Microsoft And yes I'm marking this as a bug

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your Blog post update (7 August ?) says "these improvements have been made available in Outlook for Android".

As of 15 August the facility still does not exist. Please make sure Blog post reflects current position.

• John CodringtonJohn Codrington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not able to add/amend contact information on the handset app. I have to wait until I can amend the Outlook list on the computer then wait for it to sync. Not good or convenient.

• Bradley KnudsenBradley Knudsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to edit contacts, why this does not exist is very strange considering 3rd party apps do it with Outlook.com!

• ruth ejikeruth ejike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there numbers I don't want any more on my contact list which I want them deleted but I can't delete them.

• 123gramesh@gmail.com123gramesh@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4. deletion of generating unwanted mail IDs in auto-fill when sending mails. suggestion as option just like remove other contacts in Google contacts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base