OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

24,109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  AdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3253 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Georgina Greenaway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have very old contacts, some dating back to 2010. ALL email adresses are void. This is taking up space and memory.

• Danny Pruett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never really used my outlook contacts. Just a lot of spam and b.s. I would like to delete them all

• yogi j commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When contacts change their e-mail addresses, the original addresses cannot be deleted and will continue to be inserted in my To: line. It gets pretty confusing if we are supposed to change their real names and open a new contact in order to accommodate new e-mail addresses.

• Voar, Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contacts are duplicated and reduplicate after merging. WhatsApp would appear to cause further duplication of contacts. These errors are not replicated when viewing 'people' online

• Paul R. Lange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"recent" email sent information comes up with the incorrect label. work email addresses come up as personal. it makes no sense.

• Sai Swaroop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Synching and creating contacts is good, but please add feature even to modify them or to update/edit them.

• Paul Cataldo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why a is there no way to add a new contact???? meet someone and try to capture their info and ...no way to do that??? makes no sence. people bottom rigtlht. pencil icon...add new contact. come on

• jpdrsp@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allow for saving e mail IDs , with name of person to whom the mail is sent. will help recall id by name of contact.

• Al Betts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

remove email addresses from my email contact list that have been deleted. ex., an old personal email address I no longer used, have deleted.

• Rudolph van Coppenhagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

right now, contacts in address book of Office365 business/personal accounts cannot be accessed via Outlook from my phone/tablet.
        The ability to perform CRUD operations on Contacts and have that sync between the online account and device(s) would be awesome!
        A simple "Sync Contacts to Outlook" setting perhaps would be the best way to implement this as not everyone might want this feature.

Outlook for Android: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base