OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

21,582 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, BryanTanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  Microsoft OutlookAdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

2935 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • i_ronner@hotmail.comi_ronner@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do also NOT add all email adresses to contacts. Do not need/want the addresses of all who sent me an (unwanted) email. want to delete them permanently. not possible know.

• Damian SuarezDamian Suarez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow to manage / delete contacts from the list. Add the ability to select different options for contacts(edit,delete,share,email,task, etc).

• mabrams@aurigaservices.co.ukmabrams@aurigaservices.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

full edit of existing contact, plus creation of new, especially from received phone calls, texts or emails. also allow configuration of text messages to emails as Android mail allows.

• Denny HiltonDenny Hilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I realize this app is evolving. I'm shocked to see I can't add a contact from email and EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, I can't list contacts by their last name.

• Pepe EstradaPepe Estrada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it so we can enter contacts on our phones. Right now we have to save the contact, enter it on the laptop app and sync it to the phone. This is annoying. Please fix this.

• AMSDORF AMSDORFAMSDORF AMSDORF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

only upload Phonecontacts...once or multi....not only the Choise where i want to save them, outlook...gmail...phone...or what else....

• René van DormolenRené van Dormolen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

new contacts thatI receive eg through Whatsapp can be stored on my device and an O365 edit contact form opens. however this is not stored and it is gone. now I need to retype name and number in outlook on my PC to save it. and when outlook resets after incorrect login attempts because my finger scan fails a number of times, all contacts are gone on my device, including in whatsapp and phone app. this has happened several times now. perhaps we can rebuild the people hub from windows phone, which is the best I've worked with by far?

• C YC Y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allow users to add new email contacts manually or direct from a received email and delete existing contacts while using the app

Feedback and Knowledge Base