OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

24,303 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  AdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3307 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Irina Smet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

deleting old contacts (phone,WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn...) is almost impossible. An option to be able to delete them also on the cache of the server, would solve many issues for end users & support teams!!! Agent of Outlook.com support team

• Rajiv Kanabar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want to have my outlook app contact populate in contacts of my phone. But currently since outlook dont allow deleting contact from people tab (though it allows add and modify).. i see no point of using it in my phone as its dosnt solve the purpose.

currently i sync my contacts seperatly on active sync account as a workaround.

• Matthias Kraft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

be able to update and create contacts within app and not always being told that this will be avail soon but still after 2 years nothing has changed.

• screaminheart@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please simplify working with contacts and groups. Not user-friendly at all. Should be easier to add contacts to groups, edit etc. Thank you !

• Marcine Lohman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see no way to click on an email and "add the recipient to my contacts", nor can I pull in my contacts from my desktop/online Outlook or import from Gmail. I can't even find a + to add a contact from scratch.

• João Alipio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my contacts email address is not automatically created when I write theirs address the first time

• Charlotte Willis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have numerous people/companies in my contacts list that I do not want and would love to be able to permanently remove.

• Shannon Shuman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook app doesn't have the option of deleting contacts. I get by this temporarily by changing the name of the contact to "delete me" but it would be good not to rely on a PC for account maintenance.

Outlook for Android: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base