OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

23,691 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, BryanTanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  Microsoft OutlookAdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3144 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • david.hawkyard@xtra.co.nzdavid.hawkyard@xtra.co.nz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have multiple accounts (Google, Work etc) and pulls in contacts from all. Need to be able to decide which contacts to pull in from which accounts.

• Dave HellerDave Heller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix how emails are listed under the People pulldown. I have multiple email addresses correctly entered in the cloud at Hotmail.com. This app arbitrarily lists my home address as work. Why? And sometimes the app lists only one address out of three, and zero phone numbers out of four. I usually have to exit the app and restart it for everything to show up. That's not very productive.

• 2f6f9a4ece9d8aa2@ms.acompli.org2f6f9a4ece9d8aa2@ms.acompli.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This app is "wrong" in relating an email address to the name of the sender of the 1st email received, neither automatically updating the name according to subsequent emails received, nor by allowing manual editing ... or at least allowing to delete such "People" whose associated names are obviously wrong.

• Chris QuirkChris Quirk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will get notifications for new emails, but when I touch them (or open the app), they are not present in my inbox. sometimes they show up later, sometimes I have to shut the app and reopen, sometimes I have to reboot. pretty annoying.

• dave.robinson16@gmail.comdave.robinson16@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, I edit the Subject of all confirming purchases with the Amount and Description to quickly identify the transaction. I also cut and paste one email into another to keep a running account of the conversation when the return emails are not replies. There are many other reasons to Edit an email.

• SounidaSounida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in my schools email we have office 365, when you write an email or a price there is a toolbar so you can edit your text for example make it bold italic or change the color highlight and it also has a place for smiley faces. that would be a cool feature on the mobile as well.

• Peter B.J. DerksenPeter B.J. Derksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Full contact info sometimes briefly shows to subsequently dissapear, notvto be seen again. Problem occurs on Google account. Not tested for other.

• John M. RiceJohn M. Rice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I frequently look for the same contacts in my exchange directory. a way to favorite them and save then to my device would be great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability to add a contact from a received email and enable an option to display of graphics/pictures in an opened email on a case by case basis.

• Ms HarryMs Harry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to customize and personalize their outlook. We could have the options to personalize appearance, colour, layout, font etc. It may make the app more fun to use and fosters creativity and promotes individuality.

Feedback and Knowledge Base