OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

24,053 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  AdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3242 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • claytonamelia@shaw.ca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to add, edit and delete contacts while away from a computer, the Outlook for Android application could utilize these functions and allow business owners and C-level executives th ability to manage contacts while out networking

• Yomi Obatusin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please provide the same level and number of fields in the contacts that exist in the people app so it's easy to update and sync. E.g. Birthday edit is not available on this app to view or edit yet I can do this on Outlook app for Windows Mobile and People App on desktop

• Ted Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when changes are made to outlook contacts, it doesn't get they Google servers back to Microsoft servers. edits I made and saved yesterday - in 2 places- and saved did not show up today.

• Didier Danloy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about contacts picture? This is basic but missing. I have picture in my outlook.com for almost all my contacts but I can't see them in Outlook Android. This is an invite to switch to Gmail so please add this

• John Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to add new contact from inbox.. So highlight email address now let's me email or copy.. But I want to add the sender as new contact.

• David Sallard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Airwatch supported typing a contact name into a meeting's location field and each postal address for the contact would be available to select and populate the meeting location.

• T M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great If the sync of outlook contacts to my android adressbook does support Not only create and edit contacts but also delete a contact.

• Georgina Greenaway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have very old contacts, some dating back to 2010. ALL email adresses are void. This is taking up space and memory.

• Danny Pruett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never really used my outlook contacts. Just a lot of spam and b.s. I would like to delete them all

• yogi j commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When contacts change their e-mail addresses, the original addresses cannot be deleted and will continue to be inserted in my To: line. It gets pretty confusing if we are supposed to change their real names and open a new contact in order to accommodate new e-mail addresses.

• Mark Voar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contacts are duplicated and reduplicate after merging. WhatsApp would appear to cause further duplication of contacts. These errors are not replicated when viewing 'people' online

← Previous 1 3 4 5 162 163

Outlook for Android: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base