OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Improve Contact Management

Add the ability to add / edit / delete contacts. Also be able to add a contact right from an email.

24,633 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tanner, Bryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

We highly appreciate your feedback you’ve given us about this feature. Good news: We’re close to releasing it on Android. You can get a sneak preview here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/06/05/improving-people-in-outlook-for-ios-and-android/

Thanks for your patience as we make the final touches!

All the best
The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3410 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vince Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't sort contact list like most apps. can't view LinkedIn related contact info. Contact editing often crashes. app doesn't follow OS dark theme.

• CASATIMO CASATIMO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have contacts in Outlook that have been deleted from every other location...for years...but they remain in Outlook and cannot be erased.

• Mark Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contact's in Outlook Android have no organisational capability. I want to be able to categorise and file contacts like I can on desktop Outlook.

Sub folders should sync to the device too - maybe on a selection basis, but it's horrible that they are outright excluded right now.

• Gilles Rousseau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everyone who is using Outlook on their computer is used to have a mail, calendar and contact tab. This should be consistent in the Android App.
    The contact management needs to become a real feature to be helpful, with possibility to chose which accounts to synchronize or not. This was one of the great feature in Windows Phones, with some predictable consolidation options... why not replicate ?

• R T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there is no reason for you to decide which contacts i can delete...period.

• Robin Fine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prefer the old hotmail format when it comes to email contacts. It was much easier to find and update. I have no idea where my email contacts are now and I can't update them. I've had this account since 1995, and ALL of those names and info flooded my phone contacts a few months ago when they automatically synced. We are such a transitional society now, most of those emails, phone numbers, and addresses are now void.

• Colyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there's no way to delete an account from the Outlook app on Android.

• Richard Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently you do not have an Android app configuration key setting available to allow the "Save Contacts" option to be turned on through MDM deployment for Android devices. This is a simple Boolean option from what I can see.

I can configure mostly every other option except for this one which is a pain when you are deploying outlook to 100s and 1000s of android devices within our environment.

• Vince Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

show n allow linking. show what account the contact is under. better sync ( many duplicates). add dedicated contact listing instead of dumb search page.

• T'awna Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever you send/get an email from someone, the address becomes linked to your account. We should be able to permanently remove them if we want to!

• Ladonna Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been trying to Erase, Delete Email Contacts Addresses & Or Numbers from my Android phone list & they are still there. I have tried editing to Delete but still there. any suggestions? some of the Email addresses are annoying they send me Emails everyday all day!!! Im not interested!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 170 171

Outlook for Android: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base