• sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DonDon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of Avatars with the senders initials, how about if you put something useful there like contact pictures or website icons based on the sender. I've seen it elsewhere (I forget where) and it was a great improvement.

• Joanna HayesJoanna Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please offer the option not to display these. They are distracting and unnecessary and make me want to look for an alternative app.

• JOHN SULLIVANJOHN SULLIVAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea as described above is self-explanatory. The avatar is very distracting. If others like it fine, but my Google search of the subject indicates many people want it gone.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As currently implemented, agree these are useless and user should have the option to turn on/turn off.

A better implementation that would be very useful would be colors that have some meaning and perhaps assigned by the user, such as business v. non-business emails, or different email accounts, or assign colors to specific people, etc., etc.

• WaltWalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- you are absolutely correct, the colored dots on the outlook mobile app rep for app for android ARE a complete waste of valuable screen space and childish. I too choose Microsoft to get professional and no business products.
        The very first thing I did after installing, is look for a way to turn off colored dots.

• Eric GustafsonEric Gustafson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can be disabled on PC, please make so on mobile app. The avatars do not add any value but take away UI space.

• LarissaLarissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate this colorful circles!!! Get rid of them or I will be closing my account!!!!

• AlanAlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have removed outlook from my iPad because of this stupid initial avatar. Nothing I tried worked, new ipad, uninstalling outlook, nothing. So I removed outlook.

+1 : remove or allow us to remove these big space hogging, distracting, and relatively useless colored dots from the UI. They add nothing to my use of this email service.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all hate the colored distracting avatar circles. PLEASE give option to remove them. If not, going to gmail ASAP!

Get rid of this stupid distraction! It is totally worthless and the arrogance to think you know what is important to me is disgusting. This will cause me to use a different provider for my email!

• DSDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am checking this email much less because of these rainbow avatars...they add nothing and are a distraction. Apparently no way to change this setting, so I am using my Gmail a lot more now. Very annoying and disappointing not to give users a choice.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base