Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

734 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add option to hide avatars, they are useless in a business environment and just use up screen space.

• Dmitriy Panteleyev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Color circles are childish, distracting and serve zero function...multiple emails with same letter and color only add confusion + they take a lot of space on a small screen. It is essential that they are removed or an option to hide them is implemented at the very least.
    There is already an existing entry for this idea, but it is incorrectly marked as complete...

• Mark H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like Microsoft's implementation of the "initials avatars" (John Doe becomes a randomly colored circle with JD in the middle). The colors are random and disorganized and the whole idea is ugly. I understand that some people want more color in their apps but there has to be a better way to implement it than this.

I'm requesting the ability to disable these colored circles throughout the entire app - on notifications, in the inbox folders, when viewing a message, and on the side pane when switching email accounts... Literally everywhere these circles show up, I'd like them gone. My Outlook experience (not to mention every other Microsoft product....) would be significantly better if I didn't have these obnoxious randomly colored circles shouting at me on almost every screen that I interact with.

Alternatively, if Microsoft is unwilling to get rid of these circle things (because they seem super dedicated to using them EVERYWHERE) then at the very least, let me use the old gray "anonymous user icon" instead of these hideous colors, or give me the option to make them all the same color instead of arbitrarily picking one. At least then the apps would be tolerable.

• pantonello@rogers.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In front of every email in Outlook for Android is the giant circle with the initials of the sender. I need to have an option to disable this. I get a lot of emails and my inbox is filled with these annoying initial circles. A single option to toggle this is all I want to make my inbox message list cleaner and less distracting.

• Carolyn Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give option to remove coloured circles from inbox view on Android phones. This would make inbox more professional looking.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to disable this awful and unprofessional feature. It's absolutely dreadful.

• GSC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide an option to remove the useless Avatars

• N Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Showing the email address of the sender instead would be a better use of screen space. Better for security against phishing.

• N Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been bugging me for ages. There are so many duplicate suggestions. I am so happy to have finally found one that everybody else has subscribed to! Please provide at least the option to remove the sender images and free up screen space. Thank you 😊👍

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

original posting in 2015 and still waiting for ability to remove avatars! poor customer service!

Please allow to hide the initials bubbles. They are useless and annoying. Same issue is with all other outlook clients as well.

Please allow to hide the useless contact initials bubbles. It steels to much space from the text block.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base