OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Color-coding for emails

So it's easy to know which email address the message was sent to even before opening it.

6,193 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

547 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simon Hayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow colour coding icons next to each email / conversation for 'all accounts' inbox view. This is a standard feature on most competing apps, and is absolutely essential. It's embarrassing that this feature is not available.

• Aleksander Kopka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After holding finger on a message for a sec or so I would like to be presented with an option to change its background color. This way I could have several categories of messages distinguished by distinct colors. Blue for leisure, pink for girlfriend, green for finance, red for work etc.

• Ghushe, Parag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In outlook client conditional formatting you have option to color code emails sent only to me and also sent to me as well as others. have same featurs over mobile

• Danial Rafa’ee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

keyword search wont always pop up. individual emails to be seen in inbox as each email from each sender and not in one thread. colour code folders, inboxes and emails.

• Elizabeth Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed in Gmail one has the ability to sort emails into groups such as "social media", "important", etc... I too would like something similar, but with the option to colour-code as I have a ton of emails that need to be sorted differently in accordance with their colour-code. This way I can easily match the email to its designated calendar spot.

• Tony Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to be able to change the color labels of each email address in the application. it changes them by default but would be nice to have the choice of which colors.

• Ing. Fabián Garro. MPM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't merge my suggestion with this.

It's not each mail received what I want to code but each different accounts that one has configured within outlook.

Again, down load Blue Mail to your smartphone and configure 2 or more mail accounts. FOR EAch one YOU CAN define a color and mails are received separately or all together that way you can check mail based on area of interest or priority.

I have, for instance, one gmail account for all sites I visit that asks me for an email in order to try a software demo or so, and my personal relevant Hotmail account. Also have my job account.

So merging my suggestion with color coded messages received is not what I intended.

• Amir Hejazi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

give us the option to color code an email based on either the domain or the specific email address. so this means when we receive a new email, (unread email) it will be a specific color which signifies whatever the user associates the color to, for example it's for urgent cases based on the specific email address or Associates a certain companies domain to stand out when an email is received.Color coding is just another way to customize our email inbox. I don't think any email service in the universe has this option. I should get a prize for this.

• Yılmaz ARARAT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

gelen postalar ve posta kutuları birbirinden tam olarak ayrışık değil bunlar renklerle birbirinden ayrılabilir

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make use of the color for organizing. Not just randomly.
    Use it to distinguish between email accounts (or find another way to do that)

• Slaten Administration commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have multiple email boxes that are shared with more than one person. As emails come in, we color code (each person has their own color) them so we can easily identify who needs to handle that email. On an android phone (and an iPhone) you can't see or assign those color codes at all.

• J Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have merged my idea with another idea that I do not agree with! My request "allow color code assignments (that have meaning) like can be done on desktop in Outlook." is NOT the intent of merged idea of "Color-coding for emails." To be more specific, I use "Categorize" tags (with my associated assigned color) in Outlook desktop to assign meaning to emails. I want Andriod app to have same tagging functionality of categories (with sync). Please un-merge my idea!

• Raul Fabre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have different backgrownd colors for different emails accounts so you can easily determine in which account you are visually

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base