OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Color-coding for emails

So it's easy to know which email address the message was sent to even before opening it.

5,941 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

493 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MCQUADE, Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable colours to be assigned manually and through filters (as flags, or preferably colour the whole email). At least red, yellow, green, maybe more (as per Calendar). Allow clustering, prioritizing, elevating to top, etc. by category.

• venkateswararao.paluri@bristowgroup.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when multiple accounts are used in outlook like office 365 and exchange server, the mail boxes need to be in different colors. this feature is already present in the calendar within outlook where different accounts are shown in different colors.

• James Shyu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have too many personalized folders, so I like to put color, like red, on the most frequently accessed ones.

• Danai Bibaki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option of choosing a colour for each subfolder will make interface more friendly to the user.

• Sheena McTaggart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Manual Colour Coding - with multiple email addresses in my inbox i cannot know which address received an email until I open it

• Phil Hutchinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allow users to cookie coffee different email accounts to distinguish mail in unified inbox. this is something that had begun available for years on similar apps

• ABOU JAOUDE Adib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am part of a mailing list where we receive 1000 mail per day. i cannot highlight in color the mails addressed to me. as a workaround, i search for them.

• Wilson Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Outlook Android, events are not colour-coded (does not sync with Categories on desktop!), making it difficult to filter out important events on my calendar. Suggest to add feature which allows us to click into each event and select a colour we want. Google Calendar Android does this excellently!

• Yannis Papadiotis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

unread e-mails are noted as bold. This is not a good choose because is not very clear from the reed one! I suggest in the left side to have for the unread emails a colour example blue and for the flagged one another colour example orange.

• SM Danish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use some colors for each different account so that we can filter emails in common inbox on the basis of color identification.

• Clark, John B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

work is using emails to identify deficiency in trianing. us a color-coded plan to display information to Manager.

• Jonathan Coates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

colour of a contact within a specified contact email address (as I have a few business & personal) should reflect the colour of each account that is set. therefore instantly k owing if email or contact is personal or each business related..

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base