OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Color-coding for emails

So it's easy to know which email address the message was sent to even before opening it.

5,093 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

378 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Esmail BeguwalaEsmail Beguwala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love it if i could set a colour theme for each email account and for the common inbox and also have the notifications reflect the colour theme so as to know which account the new email belongs to.

• Michał JakubowskiMichał Jakubowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BlackBerry Hub on Android uses color code settings for accounts in notifications as an accent color (for icon and title). This makes it easy to recognize account notification is for.

Of course first you would have to implement color coding for accounts, since Outlook currently lacks this feature.

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of the ability to color code e-mails based on which account's inbox it's in is the reason I DON'T use Outlook for Android.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A different colour that you can assign for each account would be great. If those colours could go to the notifications as well would be amazing.

• rscottrodesii@gmail.comrscottrodesii@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possibly color code each email in the combined view to distinguish which account they are from. Maybe a transparent tint to the email that the user selects for each account.

• don_lewis@comcast.netdon_lewis@comcast.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several email accounts for which I use Outlook. Using the Focused view is inconvenient because I can't readily tell which account an email is associated with. Being able to custom color code the icon for all emails based on which account they were sent to would make the focused view both helpful and more efficient.

• diego.lc@outlook.comdiego.lc@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have colors coding like in Newton mail (Cloudmagic), and not just little rings like in others because those are harder to see well

• fred.lieder@ziggo.nlfred.lieder@ziggo.nl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ik have 5 accounts. For a good view tot see which account by which mail is accosiate it is fine the different accounts has a own color.

• Scott, Donna01Scott, Donna01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can do this at work. It helps me know, who the email is associated with. I have 12 people I need to highlight email to go back to.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base