OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Go to Next Email after Deleting (instead of back to Inbox)

6,887 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    tn_jackson@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

573 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Diane Beck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when opening and deleting an individual email, you automatically go back to list of emails. In Yahoo, you automatically see next email in full / opened and can delete / move / reply etc straight away. This is very useful.

• Rut Hernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when we read a message and delete having the automatic option to read next message.
        currently it is necessary to open manually the next message.

• cz gerganoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

want to keep my spot when i delete emails. it keeps putiing me back at the top of the email list every time I delete. then i jave to go back and double & triple review the same emails.
        hate current system-not at all user friendly.

• Jean Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after reading and deleting an email, I would be directed back to my inbox. I would prefer to be directed to the next email or at least have the option in the settings to on this function.

• Dawn Rowlett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my phone app, I would like to view an email, delete it, and then be able to move to the next email instead of going to the home page.

• John P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For cry'n out loud ....smart'n up microsoft....get with the program...."""go to next message"""...capiche?

• Chris Strickland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like the ability to choose what happens after I delete an email. There are no "automatic processing" options.

• Matthew Routt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the current Outlook app for Android after opening and moving or deleting a message the app goes back to the inbox. I'd like to see an option in the app settings or elsewhere for going to the next message after taking the previously described actions.

• karen h commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

open email once clicked on. stop sending my insurance plus to junk mzil. I almost lost car insurance. had to pay late fees on a few thongs. because I Use electric bill sending. It's not a good thing. Just stop asking. it's still the same issues. just let us choose our email . live or Outlook. Tha would be great.

• Jim Stoner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every other mail client I've used gives a configuration option for what to do after deleting a message: return to the message list, go to next, or go to previous. In the Android Outlook client I do not see any such option and the behavior is only to return to the message list which is my least desired choice. I avoid using this client as much as possible for that reason.

• Leonora Cerdas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the movil version there is no options to configure the actions after delete a message. It's tedious to return to the list always.

• Maggie Loveland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

Is there a way that when I'm reading my mail and I've decided to delete it, that the next email will coming up automatically rather always going back to the Inbox or which ever folder I'm in? I've looked for it but I can't find it. I know other email apps have it and it is so much better doing it that way.

• jemmajames@live.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also my issue. It makes sense and saves time. Why does it return to inbox after deleting an email? Should just show the next email automatically instead of having to click on the next repeatedly. Annoying.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base