OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Go to Next Email after Deleting (instead of back to Inbox)

7,303 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
tn_jackson@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

637 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matthew Routt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Outlook android app the behavior is to go back to the inbox after moving the email the user opened to a folder. There does not appear to be an option to change this behavior. I'd like to see the option to go to the next message.

• PAULO CLEMENTE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft ! , I am sure it is not that complicated to give us this option, both on android and Apple versions. You guys do this and Outlook will be the most used Mobile email app in the world. P.S. it would be nice if you could add an option for highlighting different colors to different emails.

• Steve G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the one thing that prevents me from using this app as my go to

• John Traynor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you do this, make it an option. I ALWAYS want to go back to the inbox, which is how I manage mail on my desktop Outlook too.

• Neil Sherry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

most clients move from email to the next as you delete emails, Outlook for Android always puts you back in Inbox, requiring another click to actually view the next email

• Kirsty Kambites commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when I've deleted a message I've just read I want to read the next unread one not go back to the inbox

• carla paladini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is possible from the web Outlook but not from the app. when I read an email and then delete it I would like to automatically go to the body of the following email, while at the moment it go back to the list of emails

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is another App that will do what this post is describing. I am wasting so much time clicking back and forth through email!!
    Terrible

• Luke Withers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition on the mobile app I expect to swipe to next email or previous email. or at least have a link to enable this.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SOLUTION:

In your email on your laptop, you must go under the SETTINGS - MAIL
    - LAYOUT - READING PANE:

What do you want to happen when you move or delete the item you are viewing?

You must select: OPEN THE NEXT ITEM

• Adam Pope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please sort this out! It's what's stopping me wanting to use your app day to day.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base