OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Go to Next Email after Deleting (instead of back to Inbox)

7,245 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
tn_jackson@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

627 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • carla paladini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is possible from the web Outlook but not from the app. when I read an email and then delete it I would like to automatically go to the body of the following email, while at the moment it go back to the list of emails

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is another App that will do what this post is describing. I am wasting so much time clicking back and forth through email!!
    Terrible

• Luke Withers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition on the mobile app I expect to swipe to next email or previous email. or at least have a link to enable this.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SOLUTION:

In your email on your laptop, you must go under the SETTINGS - MAIL
    - LAYOUT - READING PANE:

What do you want to happen when you move or delete the item you are viewing?

You must select: OPEN THE NEXT ITEM

• Mayank Saigal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Example you received an email from Mr. Ray and you delete it after that the next email should open from Mr. xyz and not the inbox where in you click the next email of Mr. xyz and then read it.

• Creative WIPs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when you open your email you're given many options. When you delete an email, it should automatically move to the next email. not go back to main screen to select another email

• Johnny Chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When going through all my new emails, it keeps going back to inbox after deleting the read email. Would be great if it goes to the next mail instead. Saves me from tapping on a new email everytime after reading and deleting one.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base