OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Simplified Folder Navigation

Easier navigation to and between folders. Including collapsing folders easily.

10,642 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1490 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nick DelVino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

COLLAPSE FOLDERS OPTION, please add this! Surprised it's not an option already, very tedious scrolling through hundreds of folders for those of us with hundreds or thousands of accounts that we work on. Thank you!

• Juan Antonio Diaz Muñoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When looking for a specific folder, have to scrall all the way down through fully expanded tree. Will be great if can add a + and - sign to expand or collapse subfolders.

• Kim Kettler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

by being able to open &close folders you can quickly find the right folder to file the message in. it will save time by not having to scroll through all folders everytime.

• Terry.Powell@vodafone.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Support,

I am hoping you can help me with a frustration that I have. When using outlook via my Android smart phone, or when using my Samsung Galaxy tablet, I am not able to shrink the folders within the app.

This means that all of my folders are expanded making it hard for me to scroll through and locate folders and emails.

Please advise.

With Regards,

Terry - 0776 802 0446

• Nic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stopped using Outlook on my samsung because there is no way to collapse the folders and started using the samsung email app which does have the ability to collapse and open folders

• Burkhard Fliegner | urban!scope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Easier navigation through a lot of folders.
    If you are working with a lot of projects and each project has his own folder it is really hard to scroll through the folders to find the right one.
    It would be really usefull if you could decide whether you want folders expanded or not in the options. If not it should be expanded by clicking on it.
    Thanks in advance

• Matthew Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I organize my inbox using subfolders to file away for business. When I open the app it expands all subfolders which takes forever to scroll through, let alone navigate. Hard to stay mobile and do business when I don't have what I need when I need it. Please show collapsed as default and keep any sub folders expanded as I choose to expand them when I open and close app.

• Peter Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't collapse subfolders by tapping on the top level folder. No point in having a hierarchy if every folder has to be listed!

• Thomas, Marcus@OSPD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being unable to collapse folders is almost enough reason to stop using this app. The current design is very user UNFRIENDLY. Fix.

• grr@rtg.onmicrosoft.de commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

email tree with many sub and sub-sub-directories is confusing. at the desktop there are arrows with them i can collapse the subdirectories

• Benjamin Jude Fournier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook for Android would be a good tool if you could collapse the folders structure so to be able to show only the subfolders you want to see.

• Azim Verjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When messages are stuck in my outbox I can't find the outbox, because I have tonnes of folders that can't collapse!

• Amine Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a feature to collapse the folders with their subfolders in the app. Impossible as is when you have dozens of folders and need to scroll for a while to reach some important folders such Sent, saved...

• Mattern, Douglas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sub-folders under (for example) the Inbox are automatically expanded. It would be nice to have the ability to collapse the folders to make it easier to navogate.

• Pedro Serrão commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to collapse or minimise folders rather than having to scroll through all of them each time.

• alex mlotok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need an option to collapse and expand folders in order to get more clearer view during the search for a folder I really need.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 74 75

Outlook for Android: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base