OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Simplified Folder Navigation

Easier navigation to and between folders. Including collapsing folders easily.

10,699 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1505 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mikael Ramstrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible to collapse email folders for better overview! Outlook on PC support this but when using Outlook on Android you can't do the same. As a result you can't be efficient on Android!

• Brindley Stuart (UK) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To create folders in is a good way of organising email. Not being able to collapse folders means too much scrolling on my phone when you have folders within folders.

• pa-de.vries@td.klm.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the folder behaviour identical to the desktop outlook versions and only expand the subfolders when you click on the main folder. You can also make this an option in settings.

• GBK135@engie.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a structure of folders and subfolders in my email archive. When I want to move an email, the structure is open and it is not possible to close individual folders or subfolders to have a better overview. in addition it would be good to have the folders that are used most frequently appear at the beginning of the structure. in the email app I used before, both was possible. thanks.

• Rick@TrustGoldStar.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is almost impossible to file an email when using my phone because I have so many files and I am unable to expand and collapse the list. Please fix this!

• chris.balarezo@nefab.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have folders for all my customers with subfolders by contact and then several projects under that.
    It takes an incredibly long time to scroll down to find something from the past.
    it would be much easier if everything was collapsed by default so I could expand as needed.

• bedey@uk.ey.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add functionality to collapse folders so sub folders are hidden. it's available on most other mail apps.

• Rick Duguay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is much easier to find desired folder when they are colapable. Seeing all folders uncolapped make it difficult to find the one you want..too many to scroll through.

• Mikael Sitruk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use folders to categorize email, sometime I need to access some folder but to find it it is painful since there is no folder filtering

• Nick DelVino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

COLLAPSE FOLDERS OPTION, please add this! Surprised it's not an option already, very tedious scrolling through hundreds of folders for those of us with hundreds or thousands of accounts that we work on. Thank you!

• Juan Antonio Diaz Muñoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When looking for a specific folder, have to scrall all the way down through fully expanded tree. Will be great if can add a + and - sign to expand or collapse subfolders.

• Kim Kettler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

by being able to open &close folders you can quickly find the right folder to file the message in. it will save time by not having to scroll through all folders everytime.

• Terry.Powell@vodafone.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Support,

I am hoping you can help me with a frustration that I have. When using outlook via my Android smart phone, or when using my Samsung Galaxy tablet, I am not able to shrink the folders within the app.

This means that all of my folders are expanded making it hard for me to scroll through and locate folders and emails.

Please advise.

With Regards,

Terry - 0776 802 0446

← Previous 1 3 4 5 75 76

Outlook for Android: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base