OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Simplified Folder Navigation

Easier navigation to and between folders. Including collapsing folders easily.

9,966 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1333 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul CharvolenPaul Charvolen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing Collapse/Expand folders when many levels will allow friendy/easy usage when many mailbox are managed as the view is painfull to scroll down AND up.
        WILL BE HUGELY GREATLY APPRECIATED

• Jason Butterworth live.co.ukJason Butterworth live.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the only way to get to sub folders is to list them all in an expansive list that is tedious to search through visually. The online Web outlook auto collapses the list making it easier to find the folder you need. The android version doesn't.

• tobehappy2013@yahoo.co.jptobehappy2013@yahoo.co.jp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Modify sorting of folders: for example, I want the spam folder appear earlier, not hidden under "More". And I want to hide less frequent folders under "More". All not automatically, but manually.

• AlonAlon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when showing all folders, only show top level folders and allow to expand and collapse level 2 and deeper levels. Imposdible to use the full list as is when it is huge (like in my case). Also search for folder would be helpfull.

• Kurt CogswellKurt Cogswell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement the collapsible/expandable folder tree suggestions people have been submitting here since May 2015.

• Doug LeeDoug Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a lot of sub-folders under my Inbox. I can't find a way to hide them once I've selected See All Folders.

• David LinsleyDavid Linsley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After years of exchange use I have hundreds of folders in my Managed Folders. Don't auto open them, let me expand, contract and pin them. Scrolling to find the one I want is painful.

• mbrandon@installed.netmbrandon@installed.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when opening "All Folders" view, don't pre expand the tree(or make it option) - would make it much easier navigate... and ability to pin most important (and remove some defaults I don't care much about) would be good to. Don't forget implementation in move target as well

• K FK F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to sort my folders which can be seen by first view by my own: the one I want to see when opening the app (f.e. Inbox, Spam, sent), the other later (f.e. self created) if it's necessary

• Sumit AnandSumit Anand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The should be an option to show selective important folders only, so everytime I don't have to scroll from to bottom.

• Strasser, BrookeStrasser, Brooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

by allowing to suppress or roll up to higher level folders and drill in to lower folders when trying to move messages. o see all of my first several folders and I would like to roll them up as they are on my desktop outlook so I can find the rest of my folders.

• NameName commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When implementing collapsible folders and pinned favorite folders, also think about the "move to" (selected emails) workflow..don't just implement it in one place, take advantage of object-oriented programming concepts. :-D

• Valentin SliouniaevValentin Sliouniaev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please STOP marking requests to implement better access to folders as completed. NO, you haven't implemented it. All that Outlook for Android has now is a long, long, long list of all folders and sub-folders expanded. it takes MULTIPLE SCROLLS to find a folder in a hard-to-read gray list EACH TIME you want to read emails automatically redirected to a folder from a distribution list.

What needs to be added (and it mustsn't be a huge effort):
        1. Favorite folders. Outlook 2016 has them. Windows 10 UWA app has them. iOS mail has them.
        2. Collapsible list of sub-folders. Does this require years of programming by top Microsoft software engineers to rip it off Outlook 2016?..

Again, you DID NOT complete previous requests... do you actually understand what people were asking for?

• matthew.pavelek@navoba.commatthew.pavelek@navoba.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unlike the desktop version, the mobile version of Outlook only displays all folders, regardless of how the hierarchy works when you created the folders in the desktop version. It would be much preferred to have both versions operate similarly, if not identically, to streamline the experience from one platform to the next. I create way too many folders to keep myself organized to have to scroll through all of them when I want to find an individual folder in a mobile version.

• Anupam BanerjeeAnupam Banerjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A click on email collapses to show folders but doesn't uncollapse on click. Eliminate additional click needed on see folders to view folders.

• Ron PetersRon Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a large folder hierarchy. The navigation of subfolders is horrendous. Also, you should be able to "pin" folders like you can in the Windows Phone version

• ◄ ►◄ ► commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see all folders when I open Outlook, not to press a button to display them. Please make such option in settings.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67

Feedback and Knowledge Base