OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Autodownload Email before Opening

Autodownload emails rather than wait until they are opened to fetch the content from the servers.

10,389 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kendell Patrice shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

596 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shrinidhi V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable auto download including images for faster and offline viewing of mails instead of waiting on opening the mail.

• Yonatan Nir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The client is basically displaying server info instead of client info. It should display and give notifications only for mails which has already been downloaded by the service

• plexmx@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i recieve a lot of e-mails daily and need to save 99% of them, so it would be great to be able to download in bulk

• O'Keeffe, Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Morons bothered to build a "link preview" feature but couldn't be bothered to provide a convenient download button? Says a LOT about their priorities....

• Kjetil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But please make an option to disable/enable automatic download of images, that just increases spam (tracing image). It is already blocked by default for unknown contacts in Outlook for Windows.

• Sophie Gething commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you can receive the notification of an email but if you lose connectivity between the notification and being able to read it, you can't access it.

• Fredrik Östman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not load new emails in the background?! I always get a notification about a new email but when I open the app inbox it empty. Why not load the mail in the background and then provide the notification?! Always need to refresh, this app is soon to be as bad as the latest Skype version.

• Theis Thorup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

possibility to keep offline version of my entire mail archive so mails in subfolders are available when offline.

• Parth Acharya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever Received Mail With Images There should be Option In setting for This type of Images In Auto download

• Drew Detwiler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

quite often, the messages take a min or more to appear in the inbox after I click the notification.

• David Fosbenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the email body is not downloaded when the message comes in. Only the email header appears, and the message body is not downloaded until the email is opened. This doesn't matter if you always have Internet access, but in rural areas this is a major problem. I can be driving along through areas with 4G and my messages are not downloaded. I arrive at a destination where there is no Internet access, and I can't retrieve my mail. dumb

• Kurupathi, Vijay Rao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

currently able to download mails of only certain period. Need to press load more messages everytime for getting older mails. Should be able to download all mails automatically.

• Duffin, Adam (G&I) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

incredibly slow, need to auto sync and cache at least 2 weeks of email. if you work abroad where you may be offline or in slow bandwidth it makes the app pretty much useless

• debschasteen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are too many emails that I am not interested in and don't want downloaded on my computer and causing problems or viruses.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base