OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Autodownload Email before Opening

Autodownload emails rather than wait until they are opened to fetch the content from the servers.

10,323 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kendell PatriceKendell Patrice shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

586 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fredrik ÖstmanFredrik Östman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not load new emails in the background?! I always get a notification about a new email but when I open the app inbox it empty. Why not load the mail in the background and then provide the notification?! Always need to refresh, this app is soon to be as bad as the latest Skype version.

• Theis ThorupTheis Thorup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

possibility to keep offline version of my entire mail archive so mails in subfolders are available when offline.

• Parth AcharyaParth Acharya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever Received Mail With Images There should be Option In setting for This type of Images In Auto download

• Drew DetwilerDrew Detwiler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

quite often, the messages take a min or more to appear in the inbox after I click the notification.

• David FosbennerDavid Fosbenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the email body is not downloaded when the message comes in. Only the email header appears, and the message body is not downloaded until the email is opened. This doesn't matter if you always have Internet access, but in rural areas this is a major problem. I can be driving along through areas with 4G and my messages are not downloaded. I arrive at a destination where there is no Internet access, and I can't retrieve my mail. dumb

• Kurupathi, Vijay RaoKurupathi, Vijay Rao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

currently able to download mails of only certain period. Need to press load more messages everytime for getting older mails. Should be able to download all mails automatically.

• Duffin, Adam (G&I)Duffin, Adam (G&I) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

incredibly slow, need to auto sync and cache at least 2 weeks of email. if you work abroad where you may be offline or in slow bandwidth it makes the app pretty much useless

• debschasteendebschasteen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are too many emails that I am not interested in and don't want downloaded on my computer and causing problems or viruses.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or at least keep in cache previouly openned emails (from smartphone) for a couple of days, in such way we can access/read theses emails even without data connection.

• Judit VargaJudit Varga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Develope the seaech engine. I never find what I am looking for. It can search normally only by names. Key word in text body shold be a key searching function. Srolling down between mails opens the next want one by one. It is annoying, if you scroll 2 weeks...

• Branislav DubicaninBranislav Dubicanin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unacceptable to have new email notification and when you click on it, the app opens up showing some previous email and new one is not even received yet. Unbelievable...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base