OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook for Android

Autodownload Email before Opening

Autodownload emails rather than wait until they are opened to fetch the content from the servers.

9,544 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kendell PatriceKendell Patrice shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

528 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please address this. It gives the feel that an application is broken and can slow user productivity down having to wait every time they want to see an email.

• Jason DunnJason Dunn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The terrible way this app works by showing me a notification but not the email itself until I manually refresh 2-3 times ticks me off.

• rebecka.lannsjo@tobii.comrebecka.lannsjo@tobii.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least synk the wait spinner with actual refresh time, or download quicker....now I try to refresh several times and see many spinners (one each time) before it actually shows me new emails.

• House, Kreera (Consultant)House, Kreera (Consultant) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the option for the user to control what is downloaded and either restrict it to only headers being downloaded or nothing being downloaded to control data traffic when relying on GSM networks and roaming.

• Taz AllenTaz Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with an option to switch this feature off, in case of low battery or in a bad reception area

• Manoj Ashok PalekarManoj Ashok Palekar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also noticed mail are not getting downloaded​ after new mail arrive notification comes. Also we noticed already past downloaded mails gets disappears frequently.

• Erasmo ValladaresErasmo Valladares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During travel just download my emails when I have Wifi access without openning the app to read them on a connecting flight

• Angert, Philip JAngert, Philip J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it helpful to say I have all these messages, but when I open the app, I have to wait minutes for the list to refresh - and then even longer if I want to actually *read* one. Extremely user unfriendly.

• Fiona FletcherFiona Fletcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the whole point of a blackberry is the e mail service .with this new Android phone I may as well get a Samsung. I want to be able to download all my emails for 6 months so I can pull it up and forward it when I need to . I don't want all the gimmicky apps that take all the memory

• Bretz, TerryBretz, Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ensuring all emails are downloaded completely when network access is available is crucial for users such as myself who frequently find themselves on aircraft or subways where internet access is not available. It is incredibly frustrating to see a header for an email you want to read but then cannot open it because the full email content has yet to be downloaded!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

Feedback and Knowledge Base