OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Allow customized buttons in notifications such as Delete, Mark as Read, etc

Several other email apps have the ability to delete a message from the notification screen without having to go into the app. I know you can archive but having a delete function (or a choice of which function you want) would be awesome.

10,704 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kevin Bailey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2019 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dp Rai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make these options customisable so that people can choose what they want to do. For instance, I want to change Archive option to Mark as read/unread so that I get choose either Mark as read/unread or Delete or Reply options on email in the lockscreen.

• Tom Mettenberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the SMS-App and other messengers it is possible to perform the action "mark as read" by clicking the corresponding button within the notification.
    This feature would make the app more consistent with others and also faster to use.

• mathew.davie@findex.com.au commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow us to select what options appear on the Outlook notification, most other email apps allow this.

If I can read the whole email or even know what it's about then I was to be able to mark it as read in the notification instead of having to go into the app.

• Sudhanshu Shukla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

suppose i got notification for new mail..From the notification i have read ut and mark as read.. it will be helpful to give more power to user ..

• Phillip Tyson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the latest app update has removed notification shade actions. these were useful for dealing with emails without having to wait for the app to load.

• pmfnunes@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so people ask for a feature with more options other than delete or read, and Microsoft instead of adding them just completly takes them out?
    get the delete button back in notifications please

• §ɧαδøω ३३३ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before the June update, whenever you received an email, you had the option to completely Delete or Open the email straight from the notifications tab. After said update, you can only see the email's data, but not the option to Delete them anymore

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to swap the 'Archive' button with a 'Mark as read' button!

• Nishin K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a customisable option in Outlook's settings for Lock Screen notification to choose the preferred option. Sometimes the mail need not be read by opening the Outlook App and should be able to dismiss by either deleting it marking it as read.

• sarah walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to delete emails, when a notification comes through,
    on the phones front screen. It would be a lot more efficient and we would have better control over our emails.

• Chris B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe we don't have the option to mark as read instead of Archive. I don't want to archive!

• Chris Christensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the ability to maneuver my email message from the notification banner as I would with in the app itself in many cases emails are quick easy responses and then you can file them away and I don't mean archives

• anpronko@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add option to Mark as Read in drop-down (windowshade) on notification screen without having to open email. Samsung email app has this function.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 100 101

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base