OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

separate each email thread has been proposed by others. I agree separate the threads!

5,780 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Patrick Burns shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

351 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jschade@grandsubaru.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just make it like a normal email inbox, instead of the crazy difficult to use, nonsensical mess it is. tying together emails with same subject lines renders the Outlook app my "work email access of absolute last resort."

maybe there's a way to do it that I haven't figured out, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it would be done this way as a default.

• mikko.ulander@innolink.fi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using previous email platforms I had no need for client specific email folders because the search function was efficient. With Outlook searching for a specific content email sent by someone has become a head ache. Even though i receive hundreds of emails a week, I do not need an arbitrary "focused" filter, but I'd die for a comprehensive and logically working search function that I could trust to provide complete and solid search findings from my inbox.

• Kefah Khaleel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is so hard to coduct a search on mobile which makes using Outlook on my mobile worthless and even on pc

• Anthony Ridley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who on earth thought linking totally unrelated emails to a thread was a good idea, thank God I went online and discovered how to turn this annoying and unnecessary feature off.

• Steve Cooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No. The logic behind "organise by thread" frequently fails - not just in Outlook, but almost every Email client I have seen. It's far better to switch this "feature" off rather than letting an app decide how to "organise" your Email.

• Mezza, Diane (TRG) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked for help in disabling the e-mail threads, and I got the response, below, but when I open the app, there is NO section that says Organize thread by e-mail, and there is NO customer support. I am getting ready to just get a new I-Phone just to get rid of Outlook, so PLEASE tell me where the below is located so I can fix this Stupid e-mail.

Conversation or Thread view can be disabled in our app. To do so, please go to your App Settings page, scroll down to Organize Mail by Thread then toggle it OFF.
    Should you need further assistance with this feature, please contact us through the Help Section of your app which you can find in the in the Settings > Help and Feedback > Contact Support and we’ll be happy to assist you from there.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Outlook for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base