OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Don't delete my emails from the past

I had emails that my mom sent me before she died. Some have started to be deleted. I didn't realize Outlook did that

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
m t shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Guy Potvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

outlook calls it its retention policy, I have been complaining about this for 1+year, it affects my deleted folder, my spam folder and my archive folder. the frustrating thing about this is most outlook tech support dont even know about it. they claim that no one is deleting my emails, ... but yes, outlook decides how long you keep emails in those folders, usually 1 to 2 'calendar' months. Why ? Leave my emails alone ! I will purge my folders when i want.

• Wilma Eskridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you want to keep an email create a new folder at the left side of outlook and name it keep, or doctor, or eBay. file email under the proper folder and it will be there forever.

• Lois Tiemann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can you do this without our permission? I have never seen anything about this in the Help section. It would behoove you to alert people to this ASAP so that we can save them elsewhere. How can I get the back if I find some if mine missing as some older ones are critical to keep?

• Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am losing important email out if my different folders.this email are very important to me ,this needs to stop .

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to delete the email myself. I have lost important information with the automatic delete.

• Lady Coco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES... please STOP deleting my messages, I will delete them accordingly on my own!

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base