OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Integrate intelligen/ai bundles like inbox by Gmail since they are sunsetting it.

Bundle same emails

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Frank Groves shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • XXX XXX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that Inbox has shut down, I'm looking for an app that can replicate its bundles. It would be especially wonderful if Outlook could somehow import the filter settings from my Gmail account.

• CJ Laing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with both OP and J B, I often recieve email from multiple organizations and would love to be able to set up a filter to have them appear as they do in Inbox, with all the emails from that filter showing as a bundle that can be opened and browsed.

I understand there's folders, but the way Inbox by Google did this made the email inbox so much more organized and cleaner to browse through and it is also much shorter than browsing through folders.

in case anyone at MS has never used Google Inbox, it is essentially the Outlook concept of folders being exposed as essentially a virtual threaded view.

So it was similar to this, you'd have an item in the inbox you could tap or click on, containing the threads of the emails filtered under it. When tapped, it expanded to a view of that "label" (what Gmail calls folders)

Of course, you could also browse to the folder using the hamburger menu (similar to Gmail and Outlook) but this feature exposed it in the Inbox and made it one click/tap away without navigating through a huge heirachry of folders.

(I'm probably talking myself in circles trying to describe it, maybe another user can describe it better?)

• J B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is desperately needed. bundles how inbox does(soon did) it make everything so organised and you get a great overview

Outlook for Android: Groups

Feedback and Knowledge Base