OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

custom schedule for do not disturb

I'd like to be able to set my own schedule for do not disturb and not be limited by the current options

871 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Doug Pearce (TAM) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely should be able to block out evenings as well as weekends.

• Jarvis-Miller, Donna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great to customize by single days. I block time on my calendar to work ... and blocking calls, etc would be helpful.

• Aliaksandr Karchmin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to turn on do not disturb using custom schedule since we are working with customer in another time zone (difference 9h) to not be disturbed because of emails that I'm gonna read next day.

• Mathieu Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Primary use case for myself would be to to add do not disturb after work hours during the week. currently my hours don't match a standard 9-5 either meaning a custom schedule would be best. if my shift changes, I would like to be able to change the notification hours to match as well.

• Michael Hunsberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The two apps don't need to sync, just have the same settings. for example, in Outlook, we should be able to set notification quiet hours in the evening.

• miak@dr.dk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to be disturbed by email during holidays and at night. Makes no sense that the only option is to not be disturbed while at work - which is when I need to be fully updated on emails.

• Daniel Washburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want "do not disturb" during work hours, I want it after work, so I am not bothered by work related emails when I am at home in the evening.

• James Carson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work a nonstandard work week, so I have to manually toggle this on and off. Having a way to make a custom schedule (or even better, to automatically check your work hours off exchange/lync) would be good.

• Cris van ofwegen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sleep mode is a good idea, but should be regulatable like setting your alarm clock.
    "not synchronising" would have an adverse effect on incoming appointments or activation of an alarm.
    so sleep mode, to be set by user, silencing during sleep-time, but not "not synchronising" and not "putting phone on mute"

• Jared Gosnell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

do not disturb exists as canned times for weekends, during work hours, and on weekends. please add outside business hours which can be set by user

• Joni Nikkola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to set the timing like alarm clock. The starting time, end time and select active days.

• S Côté commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just installed the outlook app, got awaken in the middle of the night by a notification, noticed no custom notification schedule... REALLY???

Feature too hard to implement, by the "king of software"???

Microsoft, you have 48h to fix this before I uninstall this subpar app. Get busy.

• Levi Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Most modern email apps support this and not everyone has a cookie cutter work schedule.

• Amanda Oczkowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please let us set custom hours for Do Not Disturb! I only want my work email to sync to my phone from one hour before I work until a half hour after I finish work. Not everybody works 9-5 M-F, and even for those that do, they should be able to choose to have evenings undisturbed in addition to their weekends!

• Aarne Miettinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customisable work hours and weekly dnd -settings.
    i dont want even the app logo to have a red dot outside office hours.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base