OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Support calendar categories

Categories in the calendar are supported in Outlook for Windows, in the online internet version and are a must for the android app

372 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Werner Nussbaumer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I create a new appointment in the mobile calendar, I should be able to categorize it, like I can on the desktop version. The mobile calendar now shows categorization colours, but I can't assign or change them in the app.

• rramirez@disabilityrightstx.org commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendars, emails, folders, signatures, etc. should sync EXACTLY as they have been set by user on pc/laptop etc. Hence the word "SYNC". It is an expectation. We should not have to be sorting, scrolling, or using multiple apps to get these features. It is quite unacceptable.

• Fabian Krötz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's really a must when organizing your agenda on a mobile phone. It prevents a lot of people not using outlook and still relying on google calendar.

• Marcelo Pimenta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, come one! It is a shame don´t sync category colors. I had to buy a software to sync manually by polling to do that. Everybody that has a very busy schedulle want to use the calendar widget with colors. It helps a lot. Thank you

• Mark Ballantyne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful. I use my Outlook for everything and have a different category for the different type of work or the status of work.
    Cheers.

• Florian Welte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On pc i can set categories for calendars but in the android app i can't set or even see those categories

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally got all of my meetings and appointments synced, just to find that all the categories are gone. would be useful to get that put in ASAP

• Attila.Szentkereszti@hach.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We 4 use one shared calendar on corporate use to see each others day. The categories are set with colours to separate us. It is a lot missing in the app. Please add it here

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100%. I use categories to separate business, doctors, kids, etc. This is a must.

• Mike Yoder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

such a great feature of outlook.... why dont you keep it in the mobile app????? please include it.

• Chris Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be nice to have more control over our files-folders...such as delete or more rules

• Daan Ekelschot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! please make this available, because I'm a heavy user of categories and colours for clearability. thanks

← Previous 1

Outlook for Android: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base