OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

please add features of savings the attachments directly to one drive or Google drive

there should be a option of saving the attachments to any drive like one drive, Google, Dropbox etc. so that the attachments will not be lost.

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Amitesh Sharma shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you added a Share function to attachments, we could save them to whatever cloud storage we liked.

• Antony Dodd-Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't save an attachment to a shared folder that is included in my personal OneDrive, and Outlook deletes the alias too.

• Boyan Alexiev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Outlook can display Onedrive account contents for use in attachments, it should allow direct upload to Onedrive, which is not currently supported.
    Also, the feature works perfectly on iPhone.

• David Conquest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I want to attach a file in my One Drive, I first have to switch to the One drive app and download it to my phone,then switch back to outlook and attach from Local files. Let me attach directly from one drive. Same goes for saving attachments.

• Christian Michaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's no way to save the attachment file where we want, neither to open it with the program we want. Even with a depth scan with various program, there's no way to find the file on the device and choose how to open it. It is most probably encoded somewhere without any way to trace it by its original name. Really, you can do better! I've been submitting this problem with a tech and he told me to submit the idea here.

• Sushant Prabhakar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apart from having an option to download the attachment to device, the emails with attachments shall have an option to upload the attachments to the cloud storage account configured with the Outlook app.
    The Outlook has an option to have a storage account configured. Once the storage account is configured, the attachments shall have an extra option to upload the document to the storage account.
    It will save an extra step that allows to download the file and upload to a storage account from device separately via a separate app.

• Oren Shlomo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attachments in Android app are arbitrarily saved (sometimes even not) to downloads. User should be able to choose the save location as if it is shared to any valid location in the phone, including cloud locations. This should be for each time you decide to save an attachment.

• Alex Massawe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People change phones. Sometimes a device could only allow One drive data saving and when changing a device its difficult to retreave data from previous handset (say google drive). Now I think there is a need to link the two major drives for the best interest of the end user.

• Lokesh VijayaRaghavan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Storage Settings usage of internal or external or web storage option.
    Need not use phone storage. can be used as a local app to access web storage for mails.

• Hugh Ferguson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On android devices with limited storage it's almost an essential feature to be able to save E-mail attachments to OneDrive.

• Helen Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently can only save attachments to device and then copy to where needed although it's possible to add attachments to email from cloud storage.

← Previous 1

Outlook for Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base