OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

Do not disturb settings for each account

I use the outlook app for my work account. I don't want to see incoming emails or notifications off them outside office hours.

A not disturb setting that stop syncing and notification will be apriciated.

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Luk Keutgens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your feedback and patience while we worked on this great feature.

You can now temporarily turn off your email notifications using the new Do not Disturb feature of the app. To do so simply tap on the 3 horizontal lines on the top left corner> Next tap on the bell icon next to the email address displayed or go to the “All Accounts” tab to set up do not disturb for all accounts connected to the app > Next choose the timed or scheduled option that best suits your needs.

If you have any questions or need assistance locating this feature please contact our in-app support team by going to Settings>Help & Feedback> Contact Support.

All the best

The Outlook Mobile Team

P.S. Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are unable to see replies to this address.

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Charles Charlton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was not completed. The request wasn't for temporarily disabling alerts, it was specifically to schedule days and times (outside office hours). Someone please pick up your mobile device, open Microsoft Teams, and look how they did it.

• Ingrid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I get a DND for work hours, but nothing for after-work hours? HAHAHAHAH! Microsoft is at it again.

• Mr David King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind being disturbed while at work as I am working. But why is there no option to turn off work email during the evenings? Crazy

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need custom schedules, and an option for DND outside working hours.

• Stephen Schaefer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So in my office copy of Outlook, I can set my work hours in the Calendar Options, but in the Outlook app, work hours are hard-coded 8-5 instead of allowing an option or even just pulling from the options set on my Outlook account?

• Patrick O'Sullivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to see this feature added. Would be good if there was a little more flexibility. Alongside "during work hours" there should be an "outside work hours".

• kamil.fako@minv.sk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Please make possibility to change time for weekend and workday in Microsoft Outlook android app. If I use notification freeze (do not disturb) for weekend, there is only hardlock of time (friday from 17:00 till monday 8:00), but my work time is little bit different.

• Dian Germishuizen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new do not disturb feature is great, but i would like to be able to set my custom work hours, instead of having only the default 8 - 5...

• Peter klapwijk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft added a Do not disturb option in the latest Outlook for Android version. One of the options is set it to do not disturb in the weekend.

• jmontejano@valleyexpetec.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add an option that allows you to mute email notifications per account based on time and date. Example would be to mute work email from Friday 5:30 pm and enable notifications on Monday at 7:00 am

• Cait Hayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have three email accounts linked to the app, and would love to be able to separate the notification sounds and/or turn off the notifications per account

• Boris Finkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add the option to choose when not to be distributed by notifications, either do not disturb untill pressed again button, or a from/until datepicker

• Dor Tumarkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't do work e-mails in evenings and weekends. Would be nice if Outlook supported a scheduled DND mode for notifications

• Henri Forsby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook for Android does not follow The rules for do not disturb mode The notifications And mails still comes when The do not disturb mode is on

• Sameer Band commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Default calendar has an option to put your phone in DND mode during appointment hours. it would be great to see the same feature in Outlook calendar

• Sandeep Tripathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest that a toggle option to select alarms for non-accepted calendar events be provided. A subsequent option for always or just during the DND period.

← Previous 1

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base