OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Android

automatically discard draft messages that are empty.

When someone mistakenly begins a new draft and they cancel the message, delete the draft if it's empty. Don't force the user to notice the little notification to delete it. This is just following the 80-20 rule here. Make the common use cases easier.

3,622 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Hoch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shawn Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steve Cooke, makes a good idea known. Using blank draft responses as a reminder system. I'd never considered this, but think it will be quite helpful for my needs.

• Steve Cooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why?? Some people actually use Drafts as a reminder system, so this could get very annoying.

• Tony Barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My deleted folder is constantly being filled up with blank empty email messages, hundreds a day. It's related to my Android phone as the timings of the messages coincide with when the phone is powered up.

• Brooke Boland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the app lets you TRY to delete them, even tells you it's deleted them, but they're still there. 1 in 100 tries will actually delete them.

• E.J. Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 26 emails in my draft file that don't exist. very annoying as it only goes up. zero reason

• John Lamidey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appear to have 47 drafts on my phone version, but there is nothing there at all, and not replicated on my laptop or PC. No way to get rid of this.

• jim and carolyn dods commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I do appreciate Outlook! But my weather app has disappeared!! ( sad ) how can the weather
    be re-established on my laptop? Thank you!! C.Dods

• Steven Green (DEVDIV) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I accidentally tapped the new mail button. I then tapped back to go back to my mail list. Outlook decided that the completely empty blank draft mail was important and saved it for me. That's the opposite of helpful.

• Boggs, Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does the Outlook for Android app create all those empty drafts anyway. Have to go into the now huge Drafts folder to finish a draft I was actively working on!!! What's the timer length before it goes to draft?

• Glenn Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been trying to figure out how to delete these 3 drafts that don't exist, how do one delete drafts and folders you no longer need?

• Gillian Lazarus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keeping empty draft messages takes up space and i end up scrolling through them when i'm searchung received and sent emails, which takes uo time on evert search.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Outlook for Android: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base